+1

Riva Gen3 intercooler and Riva mouting bracket issues

Mounting a Riva Gen3 intercooler using the Riva mounting bracket, pipes etc. in a 255 RXP X. When mounted, the super charger to intercooler pipe fits poorly. That is, the rolled portion of the pipe does not fit straight into the coupler which seems to pitch the hose clamp into a funky angle. The intercooler also has aproximately 1/8" gap between the mounting bracket and the bottom of the intercooler.

I have attempted to adjust the way the intercooler sits on the bracket. Also have checked the bracket at the lower bolt mounting hole to be sure it is not causing the bracket to tilt.

Looking for helpful ideas if anyone has had a similar problem. Talked briefly with Bubba at Riva and he said he has never heard of this issue and would like more pics.

thanks !

+1
    I had to elongate the bolt holes and trim away metal for the IC bracket to fit properly around the mounting area. I also had to bend some areas of bracket for the IC to sit flush in the bracket. The Gen 3 is slightly larger than the stock IC and heavier too!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the info Bob, starting to mod the bracket now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I had to elongate the bolt holes and trim away metal for the IC bracket to fit properly around the mounting area. I also had to bend some areas of bracket for the IC to sit flush in the bracket. The Gen 3 is slightly larger than the stock IC and heavier too!

+1
    Went through the same thing my 2012 PX 260. First time I went to install it. The resonator was in the way. Bought the free flow exhaust thinking that would do it, and same thing as above. IC bracket pinching the elbow hose. A conversation later with Riva, I was told that was designed with the use of the rear exit exhaust...not the free flow. At that time I didn't really want to cut a hole in the hull. I've since changed my mind Glad I'm not the only one frustrated by the lack of information

+1
    We are looking in to the fitment issues mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Went through the same thing my 2012 PX 260. First time I went to install it. The resonator was in the way. Bought the free flow exhaust thinking that would do it, and same thing as above. IC bracket pinching the elbow hose. A conversation later with Riva, I was told that was designed with the use of the rear exit exhaust...not the free flow. At that time I didn't really want to cut a hole in the hull. I've since changed my mind Glad I'm not the only one frustrated by the lack of information
    DinoMite - Did you install a RIVA Power Cooler Bracket in your RXP-X 260 that places the intercooler off the side instead of over the pump tunnel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVA CREW View Post
    We are looking in to the fitment issues mentioned above.

DinoMite - Did you install a RIVA Power Cooler Bracket in your RXP-X 260 that places the intercooler off the side instead of over the pump tunnel?
    Attempted twice. Once with Resonator installed, once with the free flow...third time is going to be the charm after rear exit install...I hope. Lot's of practice at taking things apart. I installed the gen 3 in the stock location for now and bought the long pipe kit(not installed yet). I'm going to back to the other location after I get the rear exit exhaust installed. One thing I found with the gen 3 in the stock location is the sharper than I would like bend of the cooling hose to the IC. Because the gen 3 is allot wider that hose has to bend more.

+1
    By the way the kit does say to use the Rear Exit Exhaust at least on the Greenhulk store. Riva might want to update there site to reflect same note. At the time I ordered the whole kit...so maybe inside sales wasn't up on requirements of ancillary parts needed to make it work.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1801

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    By the way the kit does say to use the Rear Exit Exhaust at least on the Greenhulk store. Riva might want to update there site to reflect same note. At the time I ordered the whole kit...so maybe inside sales wasn't up on requirements of ancillary parts needed to make it work.

That kit isn't for the ski your trying to install it in...... that's why your having fitment issues

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post

That kit isn't for the ski your trying to install it in...... that's why your having fitment issues
    Thx for the obvious...now you tell me. I specifically told Riva a have an 2012 RXP 260 when I ordered any parts way back when it first came out. See the part where Direct replacement for smaller OEM2011-12 external coolers...no mention of it won't work with PX260 http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/NewProducts_40.asp Sometimes I like to by shiny new things cause they are shiny and new...but I did read as much as was available at the time. Anyways water under the ski at this point. I will modify it slightly if needed or if a better bracket kit comes out...I'll get that.

+1
    Modified the bracket as Bob posted here. The intercooler fits onto the bracket and the pipes fit great now, thanks Bob !

The intercooler bracket looks to have been an afterthought or maybe for a different intercooler. Never had so many problems in installing a Riva intercooler kit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

Thread Information