Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Even after all the mods it wont go over 70 mph

    I just tried my ski out today after getting it back from the workshop got a slight improvement on the RPM (7800) but it wouldn't even budge over 70 mph.

    Would an upgraded ECU break the 70mph speed barrier?


  2. #2
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Are you looking at your Dash or a Handheld GPS?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Are you looking at your Dash or a Handheld GPS?
    Dash

    Oh S*** it makes sense now because the dash wont display over 70 mph right???

  4. #4
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_dogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Are you looking at your Dash or a Handheld GPS?
    Dash

    Oh S*** it makes sense now because the dash wont display over 70 mph right???
    Ding Ding Ding

    Mine reads 69.... Damn your faster then mine ...

    You cant use the dream ometer. You have to use a true handheld GPS Like Garmin... Screw the phone Apps also.

    Also if you are only hitting 7800 RPMs you are leaving some speed on the table and need to repitch your prop. I would install a 83mm nozzle and check RPMs there. Then repitch to your desired RPM. Good luck and hold on. Be careful with those RXPX's they like to buck.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_dogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Are you looking at your Dash or a Handheld GPS?
    Dash

    Oh S*** it makes sense now because the dash wont display over 70 mph right???
    Ding Ding Ding

    Mine reads 69.... Damn your faster then mine ...

    You cant use the dream ometer. You have to use a true handheld GPS Like Garmin... Screw the phone Apps also.

    Also if you are only hitting 7800 RPMs you are leaving some speed on the table and need to repitch your prop. I would install a 83mm nozzle and check RPMs there. Then repitch to your desired RPM. Good luck and hold on. Be careful with those RXPX's they like to buck.

    I feel like a genius!!!

    I just installed the impeller and the reduction nozzle

    After installing the intake grate I notice that the bucking has reduced from when I had the stock grate but for some strange reason lost traction on turns.

    Will take it out again for more testing

    Thx!!

  6. #6
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    my dreamometer stopped working....fastest i see is 3-5 MPH and GPS shows 77 lol

  7. #7
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    Post up your speed once you get a gps...

    With those mods you should be 78+

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First run today after all the mods.
    By sparkyme in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 08:37 PM
  2. 95 slx wont go over 35 mph
    By tonyg12678 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 10:27 PM
  3. 2005 Sea Doo GTX wont go over 32 mph
    By zacharypi in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
  4. Please help GPR wont go over 30 mph
    By slydogge in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
  5. 900zxi bogs and wont go over 40 mph
    By philsmtech in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 01:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •