Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

ultra 300x - does anyone know how can engine oil get into an intercooler?

Hey Kawasaki pro's. Newbie here.... i have a 2012 ultra 300x that is a ROCKET. brand new...but mysteriously a friend was riding and it blew out blue smoke. took it into shop only to find oil had someone made it into the intercooler system. Has anyone experienced this? Machine was not flipped upside down AND oil level of unit was low prior to using that day.

shop cleaned it out and now headed back to the lake...hoping it lose's its "cough" and all back to normal.

+1
    the crankcase breather system vents to the catchcan then to the air intake, this along with fogging the s/c intruduces over time a fine mist of oil to the air intake system that eventually needs cleaning. all normal and part of regular servicing of your ski. it actually pro longs the life of your s/c and is regarded as a good thing.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    All normal , you will find it reduces as the engine settles in aswell

+1
    thanks guys. It was a lot of oil that was taken out of the s/c and intercooler, almost 2qts. It was cleaned out and smoked just a bit, but compression is excellent and it ran great last weekend.

we do love this machine. our season is short tho, only another month to play.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskamusicman View Post
    It was a lot of oil that was taken out of the s/c and intercooler, almost 2qts.
    Wow, that's alot (too much)

One of the main culprits is the stock "separator" which lacks baffling and dumps gas diluted blow-by back to the sump. I run an aftermarket (true) catch can with baffles and a reservoir that I drain manually after every ride (plus I only fog for long term storage) and I have ZERO oil in my IC - I just pulled it a couple of weekends ago and it's spotless inside

The stock separator is near worthless imo - the '13 is some improvement (i.e. improved residence time to drop out more oil), but it still drains the spooge back to the sump

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fcr100098 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskamusicman View Post
    It was a lot of oil that was taken out of the s/c and intercooler, almost 2qts.
    Wow, that's alot (too much)

One of the main culprits is the stock "separator" which lacks baffling and dumps gas diluted blow-by back to the sump. I run an aftermarket (true) catch can with baffles and a reservoir that I drain manually after every ride (plus I only fog for long term storage) and I have ZERO oil in my IC - I just pulled it a couple of weekends ago and it's spotless inside

The stock separator is near worthless imo - the '13 is some improvement (i.e. improved residence time to drop out more oil), but it still drains the spooge back to the sump
    You really are that bat shit stupid rice. Stfu and stop acting like you know what your talking about. If the ski truly had 2qts in the intercooler something else happened. So tell me rice have you cut a 13 can open ? Do tell what's inside.

Banned User
    +1
    Hey asshole #1 is back, what a shocker. I know exactly what I'm talking about, and it's "you're" you flippin moron. Did you finish 6th grade? This is a serious question.

+1
    ricey you sit back and read and copy everyone elses posts claiming to know all you are a troll just like yoyo. do tell us more heck even post some pics of you skiing lmao.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fcr100098 View Post
    Hey asshole #1 is back, what a shocker. I know exactly what I'm talking about, and it's "you're" you flippin moron. Did you finish 6th grade? This is a serious question.
    6th grade ? School ? Dude I was raised by wolves.

But I'm smart enough to know two things
    Your probably 400lbs sitting in moms basement in your ninja turtle underwear eating captain crunch with a soft spoon and still spanking it to the home shopping network

And two you and your ski is as mythical as a unicorn.

+1
    Damn, instead of Amish Mafia its like the Ultra Mafia up in here.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information