Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 Fzs knocking noise near my right foot.

Out on the lake this afternoon after work and when I was horsing around cutting left doing 360's and then turning right cutting across the wave I had made to 360 to the right and I heard a knocking sound. Sounded like something knocking at my right foot. Pulled the seat and didn'tsee anything. I could recreate the sound sometimes. Actually thought I may have heard it later when I restarted it to go to shore(much less harsh, maybe over thinking). I could not make it make any noise straight. Any ideas?

+1
    Something loose banging the inside of your hull..
    Maybe you dropped something in there and couldn't find it or get it out??

+1
    Or maybe a wave hitting it

I know I haven't dropped anything in there and couldn't see anything that could move.I'll keep an eye on it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something common I wasn't aware of.

+1
    You are probably just hearing the rev limiter. I say this because doing 360s and staying hard on the throttle will cause the ski to be all over the limiter and it sounds like a knocking/ pop pop pop sound.

Thanks, that may have been what it was. It ran great this weekend. I think I almost ran it out of gas. The wife and a friend took off on it and were gone for a long time and it only had 2 bars for quite a while beforehand. I wasn't too worried because it always starsts beeping when it gets down to 1 bar. After she got back and we were going to dock in I noticed it only had 1 bar but wasn't beeping. I got back to the dock before them so I went past it and when I 180'd going back it fell on its face, so when I got back to the dock I did it again and sure enough it did the same thing. Never ran it that low before, always took it in as soon as it started beeping.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick4k View Post
    Thanks, that may have been what it was. It ran great this weekend. I think I almost ran it out of gas. The wife and a friend took off on it and were gone for a long time and it only had 2 bars for quite a while beforehand. I wasn't too worried because it always starsts beeping when it gets down to 1 bar. After she got back and we were going to dock in I noticed it only had 1 bar but wasn't beeping. I got back to the dock before them so I went past it and when I 180'd going back it fell on its face, so when I got back to the dock I did it again and sure enough it did the same thing. Never ran it that low before, always took it in as soon as it started beeping.
    Thats a smart move always taking it out of the water when the fuel buzzer goes off, you dont want to end up out of gas on the water. But just an FYI-- when the fuel buzzer comes on there is still 4 gallons in there based on my expierence.

Have you ever heard of one not buzzing? Before I wanted to know how to turn the thing off it was so annoying, now I want to know how to make sure it buzzes when it gets low. Generally I pay attention to my guages, my wife however is another story. Just like her car....no lights or warning noises, no problems.

+1
    Have you ever heard of one not buzzing? Before I wanted to know how to turn the thing off it was so annoying, now I want to know how to make sure it buzzes when it gets low. Generally I pay attention to my guages, my wife however is another story. Just like her car....no lights or warning noises, no problems.
    To disable the fuel buzzer, press the hour/ volt button once when the buzzer is going off. This will reset anytime you restart your ski.

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    To disable the fuel buzzer, press the hour/ volt button once when the buzzer is going off. This will reset anytime you restart your ski.

Thanks MikeFZR you have been very helpful. I have owned jet skis for a year now and still feel like a newbie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information