Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FX Cruiser HO/SHO buying help

I'm in the market for a waverunner and trying to decide between the HO and SHO on the FX Cruiser series. From what I understand it is close to $2000 for the SHO. Is it worth it? What am I really gaining? I don't know if water temp readings and such are necessarily worth it, but I come with an open ear and simply want some advice. I haven't been able to test these models and have only rode entry models in the past. This will be my first purchase of a waverunner. Always rented in the past. Any advice would be great.

Scott

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    Sho is about 3 mph faster and quicker acceleration.

Banned User
    +1
    You have to decide if the extra performance and fuel consumption is worth the 2000 bucks. If you are a guy just looking to get out on the water and cruise and have a good time, Im sure the HO is just right. If you want all out performance, then go for the SHO. For me personally, the SHO would be a lot of fun, but I know I would be perfectly happy with the HO for what I do.

At times I might want to pull a skier or something along those lines. Would the HO have enough initial ump to bull up a skier? How much more fuel consumption will the SHO use?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You have to decide if the extra performance and fuel consumption is worth the 2000 bucks. If you are a guy just looking to get out on the water and cruise and have a good time, Im sure the HO is just right. If you want all out performance, then go for the SHO. For me personally, the SHO would be a lot of fun, but I know I would be perfectly happy with the HO for what I do.

Banned User
    +1
    Should have plenty of power to pull a skier.

+1
    I have one of each, the FXHO pulls a skier very easily, and a little less manic around the skiers speed/rpm just over 5000 rpm (boost starting to build)... probably the one I grab as a first choice, if they are both in the water....

Outside of power, is there any other reason to go with the SHO over the HO? smoother ride or something like that? If you own a SHO was there any reason besides power to buy in your mind? Just trying to make the best informed decision.

Banned User
    +1
    I think they are both the same ski, except fr the engine.

+1
    Also, the only $500 differences I can find in the "Cruiser" are the seat backs and the retractable cleat. And it seems that the guys who are into carving some corners while standing don't care for the Cruiser seat because it digs into the backs of their thighs while doing so.

I guess I'm just throwing even more stuff at you, but I would also take into consideration whether the seat shape and cleat are worth $500 to you.

Any difference in maintenance cost? Is HO or SHO prone to more problems? I know fuel consumption is more on the SHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information