replacing valves on rxp

Bent the intake valves on my rxp. Already pulled the head and now I need the valve spring compressor. I know revia makes one, is there something else out there cheaper? It will be a one time use I hope. Help!

You will probably need the new valves lapped, I have the same issue right now, ran over to one of my dads hot rod buddies and he helped me use is old timers valve spring tool! Called the local machine shop he said $10 and he lap the new valves to the head and $10 to insure the head is flat

+1
    Use a socket the same size as the retainer and hit it with a hammer while on the retainer. This will release the locks so you c an get the valves out. By the time the spring compressor comes in you'll be done with everything else.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpinkcrx View Post
    You will probably need the new valves lapped, I have the same issue right now, ran over to one of my dads hot rod buddies and he helped me use is old timers valve spring tool! Called the local machine shop he said $10 and he lap the new valves to the head and $10 to insure the head is flat
    dont lap the valves, thats a hillbilly intermediate way of doing shit. have the head decked and a 3 angle valve job. do it right this isnt a lawnmower! lol

+1
    Even with the valve job the valves still get lapped Thats the only to tell if there isn't chatter in the valve job.

Banned User
    +1
    yes but just lapping them in is not the right way to do it as you should know being a mechanic

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecwboy View Post
    Bent the intake valves on my rxp. Already pulled the head and now I need the valve spring compressor. I know revia makes one, is there something else out there cheaper? It will be a one time use I hope. Help!
    Go with the new Supertech valves. You can't go wrong with these
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2114

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpinkcrx View Post
    dont lap the valves, thats a hillbilly intermediate way of doing shit. have the head decked and a 3 angle valve job. do it right this isnt a lawnmower! lol
    Mowers are done with 3 angle grinds too. Old time lapping shows where the angles seal on the valves to double check your work. The three angles allow you to center up and narrow the seat to seal the valve right.

Thread Information