Polaris in general?

I'm the newbi to the forum but I have some concerns about my 95 sl750 or just polaris in general. I've been told that they suck and are junk not even worth the parts. Only thing I can say to that is that is probably why they stopped making them.

Can someone fill me in on wether I need to just junk my 750 and get a seadoo or will I get a few years out of it
    thanks

Banned User
    +1
    We are all biased here, but there is nothing wrong with a Polaris. People who bash them don't understand them, or have little experience with them. Personally, I would take any Polaris over a Sea Doo 2 stroke. The Polaris motors are mechanically very durable if cared for. The blue Fuji motors like you have need attention to the fuel systems, after that they are near bulletproof. I have a 95 SL 750 in my stable, and its still a hell of a fun ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    I'm the newbi to the forum but I have some concerns about my 95 sl750 or just polaris in general. I've been told that they suck and are junk not even worth the parts. Only thing I can say to that is that is probably why they stopped making them.

Can someone fill me in on wether I need to just junk my 750 and get a seadoo or will I get a few years out of it
    thanks

I grew up riding Polaris pwc's playing with the seadoo's and yamaha's, tigersharks etc... Today I run a Polaris, they all have their pros and cons depending on model/manufacturer however. Odds are you'll spend less to fix your 750 and run it for years.

What issues are you having?

P.S. Welcome to the HULK!

+1
    They need to be maintained properly, they run great. I've ran a 750slt for 10 yeats straight with 0 problems. on a stock motor. Welcome to the HULK! I have 3 and like them all.

Well I got on a double trailer for cheap not running but turns over good compression about 125 each cylinder and it had been sitting for years so fuel is bad all the hoses are good look and feel new and it has spark. I'm currently putting it back together after cleaning the tank out and cleaning the carbs so I haven't yet seen if it runs after doing that but I talked to a few places here in az about what I should look for and every person I talked to told me to look for a different ski. I was looking in to getting a sl 650 for the wife which I have found one but it has same problem sitting for a lot of years and turns over just no start and the hoses of this one are hard as a rock

Have feeling I'm going to have a lot of money and time invested in these skis and they will not run for long or at all

+1
    I have a 94 SL 650....got it NEW. has never stoped running

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    i remember when toyota owners said their cars never broke down.and now toyota has these big recalls and doesn't want to pay for them.i myself no longer care for the smaller 2 seater crafts of any brand.if all the other brands are so GOOD why does sbt have a crap load of rebuilt engines for sale for them??the pro785 factory race ski.name one brand that has a factory built ski that can compete with it in the 800 class.seadoo lost money for a couple years on the s/c skis they built but they were in it for the long haul and its paid off for them.polaris didn't want to put in the r&d for a 4 stroke fi ski on a ground up build in a shrinking market,hondas aren't made any more are they??must be a piece of junk.

I think the biggest issue with the Polaris negativity is that even the newest ones are still old. People have a tendency to just ride their skis and not maintain them. If you're in the market for a newer ski, Polaris has no offerings. If you're looking for a deal on an older ski, any brand/make that wasn't maintained is going to have issues.

RizzO
    +1
    I personally have owned SeaDoo's, kawasaki and had A 1100 Yami waveraider A while back. I now own 2 Polaris 1200 watercrafts and have had them now for 5 years. They are the most reliable PWC's I have ever owned. And when ever purchasing A used watercraft no matter what brand it is, if it was not properly cared for you will most likely have issues. Before I bought my pro1200 's I too heard the same about Polaris, but if you ask the people who shoot down Polaris if they ever owned one it usually is A NO, but I have A friend with one..... Ya da da!! I can honestly say that I have Never had to have either of my Polaris PWC' s towed due to A breakdown, all of my past crafts I have had to get towed at one time or another, and my son and I are extreamly rough on our skis! Parts are not that difficult to find, as you can see here at Greenhulk.net there is A big, nice bunch of polaris pwc owners that stick together and help each other out.
    The only negative thing I have to say about polaris watercraft is 1-they stopped making them. 2 - Factory support/supply for ignitions expecially for the fuel injection ignitions should be there.

Thread Information