1993 xp problems

So here's the story: I have a 93 xp that had been sitting for 10 years. I got it running with help of a mechanic. We deleted the oil pump and mixed gas instead because the pump went bad. It had great compression and ran really well for a month. All of a sudden i'm riding one day and fall off in harsh water. I got back on and it wouldn't start but would turn over. The clicks became slower and slower until it wouldn't turn over anymore. I got a tow back to the house and tried to jump it thinking it was the battery. Even with it hooked up to power it wouldn't turn over at all. The prop moves up and down and can spin so the motor isnt locked up. Any ideas as to the problem?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinian View Post
    So here's the story: I have a 93 xp that had been sitting for 10 years. I got it running with help of a mechanic. We deleted the oil pump and mixed gas instead because the pump went bad. It had great compression and ran really well for a month. All of a sudden i'm riding one day and fall off in harsh water. I got back on and it wouldn't start but would turn over. The clicks became slower and slower until it wouldn't turn over anymore. I got a tow back to the house and tried to jump it thinking it was the battery. Even with it hooked up to power it wouldn't turn over at all. The prop moves up and down and can spin so the motor isnt locked up. Any ideas as to the problem?
    Did the ski roll over too? If it did you may have hydro locked the engine, pull the plugs and make sure the battery is charged and try to see if it spits water out the cylinders. Since you jumped the ski you may have fried the mpem too. Hope what ever you jumped it from was not running.

Thread Information