+1

Picked up Another Running SUV 1200

With the higher prices of SUV's out there, I had to jump on a local one for $1900 with trailer.. Needs beautification, but runs decent. First dip in the water showed it's in desparate need of a bearing/seal installed... Will this be my next 4 stroke conversion?????? well, gotta finish the one I got first..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00s0s_jjtrkmemD6J_600x450.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	309892  
    Last edited by SUV1200; 08-11-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling

I just noticed this - good find. I notice more of them are coming on the market but the prices are still pretty high. Which one of us will be the first to have two of them with 4-stroke conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by jzellers View Post
    I just noticed this - good find. I notice more of them are coming on the market but the prices are still pretty high. Which one of us will be the first to have two of them with 4-stroke conversions?
    Two???? Try 3!

I don't blame you for picking up what you can find this year. Price is up here in Texas as well. I grabbed a 2000 for 800 with a painted trailer and a blown motor with a hull much in need of pretty stuff but opted to sell that one off to buy an LRV to try one out. It made it about 1/4 mile before dying on me so I sold it for what I paid to get rid of that POS. I hated working on it compared to the SUV anyway.

Then I grabbed up a cherry 2004 on a galvanized for 1500. Today I pulled the motor out and found a pretty sick looking midshaft and bearing housing. It turns perfectly freely and looks healthy other than the skin of corrosion built up all over it. The rest looked good though. I am still thrilled with the buy since the hull is in such good shape. I will be following these conversions closely and want to try to attack it this Winter. Of course Winter here in TX is relative and lasts about 8 weeks so I really have to be ready to go. I'm sure I'll chicken out...AGAIN...and end up hiring WFO to do it for me but I dare dream big for now. Till I start my build thread...keep a slot open for me Richard

2001 #1 running well but waiting on paint on hood and cowling
    2001 #2 finally running well on its third SBT with Osides carb mods
    2004 #1 2 bad cylinders (waiting on conversion in the Winter)
    2004 #2 (Waiting on someone to sell me another one!!!!!!!)

The good news is that I have really gotten to know the gal at the Polk County Tax office

Looking through all of the SUV conversion posts this week till I find the end of the rainbow. I'm hoping to compile a list of all of the different motors that have made their way into them so far but I'm sure I'll find a link that has already done so. Anyone ever heard of a Honda PWC motor going in one yet?

+1
    I recently purchased a 2001 SUV....is cavitation a problem among these beasts?
    Mine is stock...except the grate change to try and get rid of the cavitation problem.
    My next solution is to fill the pump cavities to see if that gets rid of the problem....any thoughts....

+1
    Check your wearing and prop clearance. I also just picked up a 01 SUV and it does not cavitate even when pulling a double tube with spotter it hopes right up outa the water. It does not appear to of had any thing done to it.

Thread Information