+1

01 virage 700 brand new lr 505 still have to hold bilge button for it to run?

I'm on vacation and had to ride it home holding the bilge about 30 minutes what else could it be? Tach also doesn't work so I assume its not getting signal its running but how? Any ideas?

+1
    Please help can I just run Cdi from the red purple instead of orange? Will it charge that way it doesn't appear like its charging currently

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Tachometer is driven by the same Yellow wire that the LR module uses to control battery charging. And that same Yellow wire signal also tells the LR module whether the engine is running or not.

No tachometer signal tells me the stator charging coil may not be connected at one end or the other (loose/broken wire connection or failed stator coil). Trace the stator Red/Purple wire. It should directly connect to the constant power side of the Reset Button.

The Yellow wire from the stator should also have full battery voltage when the engine is off.

My guess is that something is up with one of those stator wire connections.

+1
    There is no connection between the red/purple and the yellow wire right up to where the stator wires enter the case so I guess my stator is bad? If I power the Cdi from the red purple wire and unplug the bilge pump how long will the battery last assuming its good? Any other options to get thru vacation with it besides finding another stator? Thanks

+1
    I rode it for 3 hours today with the cdi powered by the red/purple and started it 5 times after already running it for an hour with the bilge button down (pump running) 11.7 volts when I started and ended on mfd Cdi doesn't draw much how long can I run without charging battery?

+1
    Can you recharge the battery from an electrical outlet (smart battery charger)?

I cannot really estimate how much run time you will get, depends on the internal health of the battery and the state of charge.

+1
    I can pull the battery and charge it every night or keep switching batteries with my other pwc either way I was just wondering approximately how long it would take to drain the battery low enough so it would t start? Like I said its been a few hours now with no change according to display

+1
    I rode it for 4 hours today and after an hour it randomly started charging again and everything works like normal now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mccann316 View Post
    I rode it for 4 hours today and after an hour it randomly started charging again and everything works like normal now
    I would not trust it to stay fixed. I dislike 'magic self repairing' machines ...

+1
    I agree I will pull it apart when I get home I just hope it charges more than not until vacation is over

Thread Information