Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New ski and a new member

Hey guys/gals

Just wanted to say high and introduce myself.

Just picked up a leftover 06 RXP for a steal. I have been out of the sport for a while, my last ski was an 02 RXdi. Looking forward to getting back into it!!

I have been reading this forum for hours now, great resources!!

Look forward to contributing in the future!
    -Ryan

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to the forum!! you found the right place... and you also found a nice choice of a machine

keep reading, u'll be busy for days, haha

A few questions so far:

A bilge pump seems to be a must, I am very good with my cars (have never worked on a PWC) and to be honest I am horrified at drilling a hole(s) in my bran-spankin-new ski...

It seems the 06 SC clutches are "better" should I still replace them post-haste or do I have some time to burn?

Ride Plate, seems like a cheep, effective first mod. How hard to install?

TIA
    -Ryan

Welcome to the forum.
    A bilge pump is not a must on a stock ski IMO...you should change the S/C washers from ceramic to metal ones. that is a must IMO, and should be the first thing you do. Like shibby said, read up there is much to learn here....

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    A bilge pump is not a must on a stock ski IMO...you should change the S/C washers from ceramic to metal ones. that is a must IMO, and should be the first thing you do. Like shibby said, read up there is much to learn here....
    Thanks for the input. I will be in the ocean as well as fresh water and tend to do stupid things, like jump large waves/wake. I broke my ankle landing in the RXdi (back in 02), which promped and ex girlfriend to make me sell it... That was the only reason I was thinking a bilge would be good insurance.

I can't believe I have to pull the SC off a bran new motor, kinda depressing. Oh well.

Thanks again.
    -Ryan

+1
    When I got my 06 RXT, I did ride it for about 2 hrs before sending the supercharger to Jerry to get the ceramic washers replaced with steel ones. Just plan ahead before you do it, I took mine off on Wednesday and the weekend was a very good to go ride, but no SC. After I got it back (the following Tuesday) the next 3 weekends where cold and crappy.

Welcome to the HULK!!!!!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rdm190 View Post
    A few questions so far:

A bilge pump seems to be a must, I am very good with my cars (have never worked on a PWC) and to be honest I am horrified at drilling a hole(s) in my bran-spankin-new ski...

It seems the 06 SC clutches are "better" should I still replace them post-haste or do I have some time to burn?

Ride Plate, seems like a cheep, effective first mod. How hard to install?

TIA
    -Ryan
    My guess would be that less than 10% of the people on this forum have a bilge pump. The OEM bailers are usually enough.

The 06 clutch assembly is better than previous models but still uses ceramic washers. Depending on your warranty and dealer you may want to decide to replace them now or later. One year warranty go ahead and replace them now so that there will not be any issues during the summer riding season. Extended warranty see how your dealers service department feels about aftermarket parts. Changing the washers may mean later they wont warranty any failures that may occur.

What exactly do you mean about ride plate install? Skegs? Filling ride plate holes? Extensions?

A must read is the sticky that Green Hulk made for newbies
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

+1
    You need to do the Metal SCer washers.... 1st thing.... I aswell as others wouldn't mide doing it for you as we have all the tools and have done it before.
    Welcome and have fun...

+1
    Thanks for the input. I will be in the ocean as well as fresh water and tend to do stupid things, like jump large waves/wake. I broke my ankle landing in the RXdi (back in 02), which promped and ex girlfriend to make me sell it... That was the only reason I was thinking a bilge would be good insurance.
    Welcome to the fourms!! I thought you were going to say "thats why i got rid of my girl"!!!!. Anyway where u located. You will learn alot here. Were a big family.

Good choice in colors also!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information