Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Hit 10 hours, and the wipeout at 50!!!

Hit the big 10 hour mark, opened up even better. Very happy.

i celebrated by jumping my friends boat wake at wfo, hit nice, caught next wave and was separated from ski. Good thing I spent most of my life in martial arts and falling is second nature. No damage to me or the ski. I was told it was spectacular.

Cant wait till next time.

+1
    Make sure you kiss and make up, or she'll throw you again... mine taught me this by sending me cartwheeling across the water.
    SHE's the boss, and we both know it.

Congrats on the 10hr anniversary!!!

+1
    Just call that your 10 hr ski Baptism...

It's officially ready to haul ASS!!!

4. +1 by:

+1
    I learned a few things whilst testing the safety kill switch. First off, switch does work. A 36' cruiser cabin puts off a much bigger wake than it looks. Should let off gas before re contacting the water. Choppy open lake is not the place to do such a stunt. Swimming 100 yards to re board the ski is tough. Hitting water at around 50 mph, will rip off a teva. I am not as young as I think I am, and the next day I am going to feel it. Lol.

That said, it was fun, and I can mark it done as did that. I might not jump his wake again, at least on purpose.

I love my ski.

+1
    Morphid, that was entertaining!

I am in north FTW near Keller, where you at and ride?

+1
    Pm sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphd View Post
    I learned a few things whilst testing the safety kill switch. First off, switch does work. A 36' cruiser cabin puts off a much bigger wake than it looks. Should let off gas before re contacting the water. Choppy open lake is not the place to do such a stunt. Swimming 100 yards to re board the ski is tough. Hitting water at around 50 mph, will rip off a teva. I am not as young as I think I am, and the next day I am going to feel it. Lol.

That said, it was fun, and I can mark it done as did that. I might not jump his wake again, at least on purpose.

I love my ski.
    PFD's are just that...for flotation...not swimming. I've been there and I think we all have...it's a killer swimming back to a ski in them. Glad to hear you and the ski are ok though.
    Last edited by Q in Arizona; 08-11-2013 at 10:36 PM.

+1
    Try falling off closer to 70mph and see how the old Martial Arts works for you. I thought I was good at falling to. I hit a rogue wave at WFO in a slight arcing turn. I was pitched off like a rag doll. Couldn't get my hands/arms up around my head to fast enough to cushion the impact of my head slamming into what felt like concrete. Almost got knocked out. That was 5minutes after a huge bird sh#t all over me(thank god for goggles). It just wasn't my day. Glad your ok but the speed exponentially makes things worse. That whole kinetic energy thing. Physics is a bitch. Boat wakes suck for jumping in general...but I guess if there isn't an ocean around what's a guy to do. Glad your ok...be careful!

+1
    Awesome - sounds like you're having a blast! Ride hard. Enjoy. Be safe!

+1
    Boat wakes can definitely be deceiving. Saw a big wake from afar one time. Thought to myself"Oh fuck yeah!!!" Got to it fast and launched nice! But the wake was so wide AND DEEP that I didn't clear it and hit the other side just right and submarined my ski like four or five feet under the water!!! Held on tight and hit the gas To get out. Good thing there was no boat when I came Up Fun though for sure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information