In need of some help polaris slt 780 1997

I just bought 2 of these and have been going through them as best I can. Reading up on all the great info on here. I cannot find anywhere on here so now Im asking. How do you shut off the battery power. I mean there is no key like a boat or a battery selection switch to kill the electrical power so how would I know if the ski powers off or not. The mdf seems to stay on all the time and I am affraid if i leave the battery connected overnight it will be dead in the am. Thanks Zach

The MDF only uses enough power to retain memory. Like the stereo in your vehicle does to remember station presets. It goes into stand by mode after a short time. This info is based on what I've seen on this forum. No worries about battery drain. Welcome to Hulk.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome Zachary

See the MFD section from my signature links.

thanks I read that earlier but missed the clock being on all the time all night every day and never shutting off completely. im going to put a battery shut off switch on it. i dont trust them to sit for a week at a time and be ok.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zachblack View Post
    thanks I read that earlier but missed the clock being on all the time all night every day and never shutting off completely. im going to put a battery shut off switch on it. i dont trust them to sit for a week at a time and be ok.
    Mine have sat for multiple weeks at a time without issue.... For a little perspective, when was the last time you replaced a watch battery? and it's a bit smaller I believe.....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zachblack View Post
    thanks I read that earlier but missed the clock being on all the time all night every day and never shutting off completely. im going to put a battery shut off switch on it. i don't trust them to sit for a week at a time and be ok.
    The clock portion of the Polaris display uses very little electrical power. Nothing to worry about.

If you think the clock display is running your battery down, I would bet it is the battery itself that is internally aged or weak.

With a Deka ETX16 type AGM battery (low self-discharge battery), the battery can run the clock for a couple of years.

Thread Information