GP1200R Riva Stage1 kit advice

Hello,

I own a GP1200R 2002. Which is in the rebulding (engine) process. The engine is completly rebuild with new gaskets and pistons and recoated cilinders.
    I alreadi updated it with freeflow pipe.
    I decide to update it with the riva stage one kit.
    I am looking for acceleration so my Q is the riva stage one ok, 13/19 (which i have no idea what that mean) or is there another impeler that i should mount.
    the engine is stock.

i am from Slovenia/europe

i have also problems with shipping becouse, nobody wants to ship to europe, any advice will help.

thank you

Jernej

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    a stage one is not going to give you much more acceleration. To get acceleration you will need to mill the head, jet carbs. key way or advent ignition, riva D plate, Leo's hole shot kit, Jet works mod, seal pump shoe, 1200 grate.
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 08-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.

I probably didnt expressed correctly, i would like to get more stock acceleration or. power to pull the jet out of the water. i am having felling that the engine would have no problem with biger impeler to puump more water.

thank you

Banned User
    +1
    Lol to run a big prop you need big power. Big power is big money. What Jim said is spot on

whats about the impelers then for stock engines? and the pump seal stuf? and top loader intake grate?

Banned User
    +1
    Read the how to's and stickies in the Yamaha 2 stroke section. This has been asked 1000 times. Go take some time and read and read some more.

Yes a grate and ppk will help with overall performance

+1
    The Stage 1 set up can deliver so much power, so you have to work with that or get other mods that will boost power as described to be able to get a bigger impeller.

Hull mods such as sealing the shoe of an aftermarket intake grate benifit virtually everyone in that water is delivered to the pump more efficiently.

There are certain impellers that give very good top end and others that give good bottom and mid range. Think of the impeller as a type of transmission gear. No single gear is going to give you the best speed from hole shot to top end.

A SKAT-TRAK 13/19 is different from the Solas Concorde 13/19 in that the SKAT has bigger blades that overlap.... it has a tendency to grab the water better and move it more efficiently, so you get a slightly better bottom end and mid range. It does not have the top end speed that the Solas does. For the power that you can get from a basic Stage 1 engine, the Solas 13/19 will give the best overall performance, and if you want to focus on hole shot and mid range, you would probably do better with the SKAT 13/19.

Most guys focus on smooth water top end speed, which is why many speak so highly of the Solas 13/19

Thread Information