Thread: pro 785 bog

pro 785 bog

I am the first to admit. I suck at tuning carbs. That said, I have brought my carbs to service recommended specs and I still have a nasty bog when I slam the throttle. It's not quite as bad from a dead stop as it is from 15-20mph and cracking the throttle wide open. Sometimes it's so bad it will sputter and almost die for maybe a second and then it will rip away. Again, I don't know carbs the best, but this to me has something to do with the high speed side of things? Any suggestions? I know it's pretty vague but that is literally the only problem I have with this ski. Otherwise it will run 7840-7850 constantly on top.

Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Lets start here. Post up how many revolutions out are the lows on each cylinder and highs on each cylinder. A good starting place is 1-1/2 on the lows and 1/4 on the highs. At least that is where I started. Remember, the MAG cylinder will require a little more fuel on the low than the other two. Give that a try and see what it does and we can go from there.

Thanks for the tip. So many different things on here about these pros. You might be able to help quite a bit since the ski is running on Gull Lake and I see you're in MN too

I don't have the ski with me right now so next time I am able I will post how many turns.

Stock pro 785s came a touch lean in the low speed circuit and a touch rich in the high speed circuit...if you are set up with a stock pro 785 and stock carb settings, leave the high-speeds stock (fully seated) and turn the low speed screws out an additional 1/4 turn

Piston wash looks really good on pto and mag cylinders but cen looks a bit lean. Will try to post pics on here if I can get it to work on my phone. Also very surprised at how clean the valves were. Look almost brand new.

That looks real good brah.... Maybe a touch more fuel for the center like you said, but just barely. Nice....

Thanks. I thought so too. Now just to get the oring situation fixed for the hotseat head.

Thread Information