Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 RXP, Bouncing in Calm water at top end

Hey guys, modded 06 rxp. X Charger, 42's, Riva: intake, catch can and BOV. R&D Grate, through hull and reverse mod, gutted box. Full tank of 93 today and it was calm. At top speed I was not able to trim above neutral because I couldn't stop bouncing. My normal one up from middle was dropping my speeds by about 10mph because I couldn't stay hooked. Tried different riding positions but it just wanted to bounce at top end. I have Fizzle block offs I need to install so hoping that brings her back to normal plain. I was having to trim almost all the way down to stop the pogo stick. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by RXPTX; 08-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    I'm not sure why I have zero bouncing but my ski stays planted in glass - low chop. I also get no mph difference in seating positions. Mods and speeds listed below

What I can't figure out is that it just started. In the chop if I come unhooked I back off the gas to avoid bouncing the limiter then roll back on and it gains speed missile-like. On the flat stuff I start bouncing at 60-65 until I really trim it down then start shaving speed. never done this before. I had to trim 1-2 above lowest setting to see the max 70 on dash and check gps. If I started increasing trim to try and lift the nose it started bouncing and slowing down quick. No pump wedge

+1
    You need full blockoffs on there... Check for anything hanging underneith .. Make sure the grate is all flush but this sounds like what I had happen when I first started modded a few years back... The ski bouncing and rocking side to side.... I installed the riva pro series blockoffs and later installed REs and the issue was fixed... Goodluck

Sounds like I need to install the Fizzle kit I have. No side to side just bouncing like I'm on a pogo stick
    Last edited by RXPTX; 08-11-2013 at 07:14 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPTX View Post
    Sounds like I need to install the Fizzle kit I have. No side to side just bouncing like I'm on a pogo stick
    Try an 08 RXPX over 80 even with pressure reliefs. I guarantee you when you get off your heart will be THUMPIN. I usually chug a cold one before I ride to calm my nerves a bit.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Try an 08 RXPX over 80 even with pressure reliefs. I guarantee you when you get off your heart will be THUMPIN. I usually chug a cold one before I ride to calm my nerves a bit.
    Soooo true haha side to side... Chine walk ... Weightless with a charger whistling under your ass..... My heart thumps with addrenalin everytime I do a run....

Banned User
    +1
    I guess you have to be tossed at high speeds to get that feeling. I feel as my ski is slow and its actually doing 77 at wot runs. She stays planted but I guess if it was loose I'd be squeezing cheeks. I'd love to take a 90 mph plus ski out for a few passes to see if that makes me pucker. I did grow up racing mx /sx/ ss so maybes that's why I'm not scared. I thought I'd be scared with this ski when I bought it but I found myself looking for more

not getting any walking but it's odd, I can carve a buoy and throw her around at speed and she takes it but in a straight line its just bounce and unhook, on repeat

+1
    not getting any walking but it's odd, I can carve a buoy and throw her around and speed and she takes it but in a straight line its just bounce and unhook, on repeat
    Rxps are dead calm in comparison to an older x ski. Ride a modded one when u get the chance. You will pucker lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information