94 seadoo spi, try and try again... she wont start in water

ive ran my head into the wall long enough and i need answers. hears what i have done, new plugs, battery, rebuilt starter, and cleaned carbs. i looked at the rotary valve and didnt see any scoring nor did i remove the rotary valve. it has clear fuel lines and i have seen a few bubbles here and there but not a constant flow of bubbles so im not worried. a question i have is before and after i cleaned the carbs i could easily see fuel dripping into the rear carb but not the front and i have read somje where before that motors only run one carb until you go full throttle then the second engages. im a big fan of the site and appreciate everyone's input

ps compression 149 & 149... pulled the plugs front was dark and wet, rear was dry but still dark... pulled the plug boots while motor was running and when i pulled the front boot it slightly changed the idle but when i pulled the rear it idle extremely rough. thanks again

+1
    Sounds like the front cylinder is not firing properly. Take off the spark plug boot and ohm it out, should be around 5500 ohms. Then cut off 1/4" of the plug wire to find good internal wire for sparking. If you don't find any then cut back 1/4" and try again. Add a dab of grease and screw the boot back on tight. Also after trying to run it for a bit you can feel the cylinders and whichever one is much cooler is not running properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Sounds like the front cylinder is not firing properly. Take off the spark plug boot and ohm it out, should be around 5500 ohms. Then cut off 1/4" of the plug wire to find good internal wire for sparking. If you don't find any then cut back 1/4" and try again. Add a dab of grease and screw the boot back on tight. Also after trying to run it for a bit you can feel the cylinders and whichever one is much cooler is not running properly.
    im going to cut the wires back and how much do you know about carbs... im not fully sure what my issue is anymore, last week i took it to the water and it would start first try off the button but had a high then low idle, it would rev up and then come down all on its own again and again until it finally would die after 6 mins of doing this?????

+1
    What are your carb settings right now?

set them to factory, and then sprayed them out with carb clean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhedges22 View Post
    That won't work, you have to totally dismantle them to clean them out. The gummy trash is inside the circuits and internal filter.

Quote Originally Posted by jhedges22 View Post
    That won't work, you have to totally dismantle them to clean them out. The gummy trash is inside the circuits and internal filter.

ok i had cleaned them out and they werent very dirty, didnt see any crud in the filters either

Thread Information