Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

My 2009 FX SHO is going into Limp Mod Randomly on Start=up?

Hey guys I was hoping I could get some solid advice on this.

I have a 2009 Yamaha FX SHO with Riva Bolt-ons, ride-plate, Riva Intercooler with HKS BOV, Skat Prop, R&D Stage 3 Flash, and an 11 Pound Super Charger wheel from R&D, I forget the exact name but the lowest one.

This issue began this year after I got my flash back, I have no idea if the two are coorelated but I'd figure I'd post that.

When I start my Waverunner, it runs fine all day. Then I take a break and when I come back and turn it on I get a flashing CEL with alarm. After a few restarts it goes away until I stop it again. If I hold down the two buttons on my dash (Volt/Hours, and SPEED/RPM) I get a 01 code and nothing else.

I thought it might be my dying battery so I just put a new one in, it cleared the code issue a bit but came back again today.

I have no idea on this one, just random. I'm not over heating, there is plenty of oil, new plugs.

It's just a PITA, I want it to stop.

Help?

+1
    Anyone?

You changed the battery in the remote or ski? I was going to recomend the remote battery just to be sure. Do you have two remotes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    You changed the battery in the remote or ski? I was going to recomend the remote battery just to be sure. Do you have two remotes?
    No just the one, I'll get a new battery in that too. No codes BTW, just won't run. Is it a security issue you think?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilEvoIX View Post
    This issue began this year after I got my flash back...
    Maybe you should call whoever provided your flash and see what they say.

lol if its a rd flash its a corrupt file me and a friend had the same issue with our flashes.dont ride it around like that.mail the thing back there are no coincidences.that is most likely your issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    lol if its a rd flash its a corrupt file me and a friend had the same issue with our flashes.dont ride it around like that.mail the thing back there are no coincidences.that is most likely your issue.
    So my flash is no good? What is the issue?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilEvoIX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    So my flash is no good? What is the issue?
    If it is a corrupt file within the flash, you will have to send it back to have them write it again. You can easily check if it is the ecu by sticking in your old stock ecu or borrowing one from a friend. If you swap in a normal stock ecu and there is no problem when you ride, then you know there is a corrupt file in the reflash.

+1
    Interesting to see this. I have never heard of anyone having an issue with the R & D flashes. If it is a problem with the reflash Glen will certainly take care of it. He's a very helpful person and I've always had great service and information from him.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Interesting to see this. I have never heard of anyone having an issue with the R & D flashes. If it is a problem with the reflash Glen will certainly take care of it. He's a very helpful person and I've always had great service and information from him.....
    Happened when I got mine reflashed and the same with a friend of mine. In our cases it would throw throttle body malfunction codes. There was nothing wrong with my ski at all and I verified this by trying my ski out with the stock ecu. Glen told me to send it back and most likely the file was corrupt. I sent it off, he reflashed it, and it went away...easy as that.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information