+1

3 unawsome things that happened on my GTR yesterday...

Yesterday was a tough day on the water.

First I ran into an old friend from high school,hadn't seen him in 10 years or so. It was kinda funny because I'd seen him an his ski at the pwc beach a couple times and didn't even realize it was who he was untell yesterday. Anyhow he was with a couple friends with skis and one of them was a stage two gtx. Not sure what state two means but said it was gps'd at 73. I know my limiter won't let me hit those numbers but I figured it would be a decent race.

They all headed across the ROUGH water to a small part of the lake that's clear and really smooth. So I decided I would unhook mine and go have some fun. After making it across the no wake I pinned the throttle and it did nothing but slip (cavatat) a couple times. I hadn't hit anything and didn't see anything in the muddy water. I figured I had an impeller problem,then it seemed fine. I cought up with them and raced all of em and smoked everyone but the gtx. I would hang right with him if not pull a little tell I hit the limiter then he would creep by. I had officially lost my first race. Sad day....lol

So after a few runs I head back over tords the other side of the lake. I'm running about 60 around a turn and catch two waves just right and completely eat shit. After I skidded and rolled I could still see my ski cruising. It went about 70 yards I'd say. It was a long painfull swim. I had officially had my first dismount... Sad day...lol

So I swim back hop on, get my head straight and fire it up. Trying to leave nothing but slipping,I had to ease into the throttle to get on plain. I'm thinking I've got a serious problem. I had officially had my first mechanical failure. Sad day....lolol

When I got home I got underneath it to find about a 3 foot piece of plastic around my drive shaft so that made the day not a total loss. I'm a little sore today,but that's part of the game.

+1
    My first dismount was similar. I hit a series of 3 wakes. Launched nicely off first one, banged hard on second and the third one tossed me. When I popped up I was a good 100 ft if not more from my ski which was luckily right side up. When I finally got back to it and tried to climb back on I realized something was not right with my ankle. Turned out to be a sprain. Could have been a lot worse!

+1
    When I read you ran into a friend, I thought you let him ride it and the usual horrible crash/mechanical failure happened.
    Glad you're ok, and glad it's just plastic!

+1
    Glad it all worked out and you're ok.

+1
    Well, atleast you smoked the other skis on the water. Was your ski upside down in the water? I'm always afraid if I roll it it's gonna take on water and either sink or hydrolock. I broke my toe and sprained ankle this past weekend on my ski. Water was real choppy, like 2-3'. Came into a bunch of wakes, ski was out of the water about 3' and I was off the ski about a foot. Came down a little sideways and my foot slipped on the crappy stock mats. Tweaked my foot. I usually wear water shoes but the water was so nice I took them off. I now have a set of Hydroturf molded diamond mats on the ski. Trying to go out today if I can deal with the pain.

+1
    Nope,it was upright. Without a rider they travel pretty far. I was kinda surprised the brake dosnt engage when you come off at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    When I read you ran into a friend, I thought you let him ride it and the usual horrible crash/mechanical failure happened.
    Glad you're ok, and glad it's just plastic!
    I let a friend (my daughters boy friend) ride my Sea Doo that I had at the time and he fell off. He was pretty heavy and while he was trying to get back on it some how he managed to pull the seat off and filled the hull completely full of water. Then he started trying to start it. My daughter was riding a waveraider and came and got me from the bank of the lake and took me out to the submerged seadoo and pulled us to shore. I got the seadoo on the trailer and drained the water out of the hull, took it home and went to work on getting it started. I finally got it started after about 30 minutes, took it back to the lake and rode it for awhile till it started to run right again and get the rest of the water out of the motor and get everything lubed up again. The moral of this story is, for some reason, when you let a friend ride your ski, 9 out of 10 times something bad is going to happen. just sayin...

8. +1 by:

Thread Information