Thread: Xlt 1200 Update

Xlt 1200 Update

Hey everyone. I posted a couple weeks back about my intake grate having an issue anyway just wanted to let yall know that I took her out to taylor lake and no problems. as a side note, What should be my first mod? intake or exhaust recommedations on both would help. On another side note I need some people to ride with. So if you live near houston texas down towards galveston texas let me know we can meet up at clear lake, taylor lake, walter hill park, etc. just let me know.

Northwest Ohio
    Hello Kid,

An easy modification that is supposed to make the XLT quicker out of the hole is to remove the plastic exhaust noise reducers off of the muffler and replace them with a straight pipe. I have removed the noise reducer and the waterbox from my XLTs and replaced them with a straight pipe. It increases the exhaust noise somewhat, but my machines aren't sluggish out of the hole.

There are aftermarket kits available, but if you can find a metal pipe the right length and the right circumferance (sp?), that would be a lot cheaper. If you have the right size pipe the installation is really easy too.

I don't recall your earlier post, but I assume you have already removed the cat/con and installed a D-plate. If you haven't done this yet do so. If you do it yourself it can be a PITA, but it is necessary and then you will no longer be a slave to Yamalube.

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

never remove the water box! You need the back pressure for the engine to run efficiently!

This is my first ski and im not sure where everything is can you narrow it down for me? Maybe with some pictures?

Whats the risk of removing the water box and where is it located?

Thread Information