Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Simple Groco question. Also, bleeding water off?

I'll be placing an order today...I have this very basic and simple question about the Groco strainer that i'm not sure I've seen brought up before in it's other threads. Is the filter itself replaceable or is it designed as a lifetime filter that withstands multiple removal/washing? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1430

My next question is about bleeding off X-amount of incoming water from the hull to an external IC. I know there's something about a mod to the reducer washer in the pump (have to look there when I remove the pump soon), but I'm almost positive that I saw a post somewhere last month about guys using a "T" to bleed off incoming water, so that there's less pressure to the IC. I'm NOT talking about the "bleeder T mod" to the IC itself....I'm pretty sure the conversation I read was about a T in the line to reduce water volume/pressure after the strainer, and before the IC all together. I can't seem to find or remember which thread I was reading. So, can anyone confirm this? Thanks! Sean
    Last edited by blkturbo!; 08-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.

+1
    Screen is replaceable. I choose not to run a strainer at all. It really depends on where you ride and how shallow you like to run the ski...

As far as T Mod. that was for the X skis i believe so the intercooler wouldn't swell. I honestly forgot. But this is what I remember.

3. +1 by:

Oh okay, and if that's the case, then I would stick to only having to modify the reducer washer in the pump to a larger diameter? No additional plumbing inside the hull to lower core pressures?

Thanks Adam!

+1
    I run 11mm reducer washer in the pump.. But I'm also running open loop with fizzle HE cooler when I get in the lake again

+1
    I'm also running the et water cooler off the in line before the IC so that bleeds water off as well

Ok so how does someone know when they are relieving too little or too much water pressure from the IC?
    How do we all decide what size to mod the reducer washer to, and whether or not to leave all the other plumbing in the hull alone?

I want to do for the IC what it needs, but I don't want to just go drilling shit out and throwing "T" lines in there and finding out the hard way that my IC now doesn't have enough water pushing through it - per my ski's mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Screen is replaceable. I choose not to run a strainer at all. It really depends on where you ride and how shallow you like to run the ski...

As far as T Mod. that was for the X skis i believe so the intercooler wouldn't swell. I honestly forgot. But this is what I remember.
    Right I found Out the Hardway Strainers on High Boost can Be dangerous. Flush good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post

Right I found Out the Hardway Strainers on High Boost can Be dangerous. Flush good
    What happened?

+1
    what does boost have to do with pump pressure ?

+1
    IMO the best way to monitor IC psi/flow is to dump it overboard where you can keep a eye on it
    I use a full 3/4 dump and I compare it to a home garden 3/4 hose flow.....a normal house has about 60psi
    my flow is from a 12mm washer to T then one to exhaust other goes to strainer- IC- T SC- HE- both overboard

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information