Thread: GSX problems :(

+1

GSX problems :(

Hey guys, Im new to this forum so take it easy on me.. I have an issue with my '99 GSX. My marine tech pulled the engine to replace the starter, and after launching, the ski cuts out at around 30 mph, and the clock resets back to 12:00 indicating the computer reset? It will idle all day long, and putt around at slow speeds, but with more throttle and faster speeds it shuts off and resets. We checked the rectifier, which was operating fine. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Hey guys, Im new to this forum so take it easy on me.. I have an issue with my '99 GSX. My marine tech pulled the engine to replace the starter, and after launching, the ski cuts out at around 30 mph, and the clock resets back to 12:00 indicating the computer reset? It will idle all day long, and putt around at slow speeds, but with more throttle and faster speeds it shuts off and resets. We checked the rectifier, which was operating fine. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!
    loose connections or bad leads. Im betting that the main ground is original? if it is I bet its corroded. you cant tell by looking at it but Im betting if you cut it open its green an inch back. Welcome to GH

+1
    I have an idea....find a different "marine tech". There was no need to pull engine just to put on a starter. Carbs maybe but not the whole engine. Looses grounds on front engine cover left hand side.

+1
    ^He rebuilt the carbs and did other engine related work, so thanks for being a smartass @Myself

+1
    Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smartass. There was no mention of other engine work in your original post. I was trying to save you from another hack mechanic, see it all the time.

Wow, ole "WickedXP" is touchy about his mechanic man. I would have thought the same--Myself.
    Heck, the work he mentioned done, seems could have done himself.
    Yeah, by the way, if there is corrosion on wire itself entering the insulation, likely wire is bad bud.

Thread Information