Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

The Ten rules to live by in the land of the PWC

I hand this list to customers ( tern copies actually) when they have friends run thier skis aground and destroy thier jet pumps more then once a season

1-The jetski will stop if you fall off. don't try to hang on. Nothing good happens
    2-You cannot turn if you let off the throttle. Really
    3-This Supercharged Seadoo your friend lent you has the equivelant power per cylinder of a 500hp Muscle car-Respect it.
    4-The PWC shop likes it when you run the ski up on the beach with the engine running
    5-The avergae cost of repairing the damage caused by a full power beaching is $500. It doesn't really impress the chicks
    6-Only start the engine when the water is chest deep
    7-This ski is equipped with a cloaking device, other boats CANNOT SEE YOU
    8-The PWC shop likes it when you run the ski up on the beach with the engine running. Really
    9-Having fun does not require the constant application of ful power
    10-Water feels like dirt when you get off at 50mph. Don't try to impress the chicks by doing a "panama" (mainly because at the moment you are actually in New Mexico)

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    I hand this list to customers ( tern copies actually) when they have friends run thier skis aground and destroy thier jet pumps more then once a season

1-The jetski will stop if you fall off. don't try to hang on. Nothing good happens
    2-You cannot turn if you let off the throttle. Really
    3-This Supercharged Seadoo your friend lent you has the equivelant power per cylinder of a 500hp Muscle car-Respect it.
    4-The PWC shop likes it when you run the ski up on the beach with the engine running
    5-The avergae cost of repairing the damage caused by a full power beaching is $500. It doesn't really impress the chicks
    6-Only start the engine when the water is chest deep
    7-This ski is equipped with a cloaking device, other boats CANNOT SEE YOU
    8-The PWC shop likes it when you run the ski up on the beach with the engine running. Really
    9-Having fun does not require the constant application of ful power
    10-Water feels like dirt (concrete!) when you get off at 50mph. Don't try to impress the chicks by doing a "panama" (mainly because at the moment you are actually in New Mexico)
    ...Now thats some funny ACCURATE stuff, right there.

...thats why I dont let people, in general, ride my ski. Maybe the GTIse (130hp), but never the GTR unless I know their capable.
    Hell, even the lil ole GTI will throw you right off the back, if I don't warn 'em to HOLD ON THIGHT ( I created that; it's when you hold on with hands AND thighs)!!. I tell them NOT to try riding while standing until they've spent a couple of hours on it.(thus far only two people qualify to 'ride standing up', neither of them get on the GTR. Maybe if they posted an $11,000.00 dollar bond with me...

+1
    #7 was my favorite too.

+1
    I don't agree with #9...

+1
    4 and 8 are the same. Very ture being asked he dude can I ride yer ski is like asking hey dude can i do yer chick HELL NO

+1

7. +1 by:

EUREKA !!! Im going to print this out and post it at the rental and incorporate these into my safety speeches !!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    EUREKA !!! Im going to print this out and post it at the rental and incorporate these into my safety speeches !!!
    my work here is done. It's not enough I'm running a jetski shop, in the desert, in the middle of the biggest drought in 30 years.

This list is the real thing.

One of my customers is a really nice guy and he's always throwing big lake fests. However nobody is providing any kind of significant instruction for guests, so every single classic mistake is being made.

I actually keep a swap out pumps for him so I can get his skis back on the water as fast as possible.

One season he was in six times for impellers and wear rings

I've also dealt with a few james bond how the heck did they get that far up the beach affairs. I was close to buying a jet-trax

At least he's only giving out learner keys these days, except to the riders he knows can deal with it.

80+hp per cylinder is no laughing matter when there are hidden sandbars everywhere.

10. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Rule number 11:

The Cops hate you.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    don't loan out your car,pwc,or wife.you're liable to get a rod thrown in either one of them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information