Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brand Confusion

Brand Confusion

So After all my research and listening to dealers and forums and on and on I got a 300x. The dealers told me that they all ride the same but the yamaha you can use lower octane fuel and sea doo has supension and brakes and is much safer for a family. It was a load of horse.

So then there is reality. There have been 4-5 times that I didnt run circles around every ski on the river/lake/ocean on flat/chop/surf. They were all 300x. My friends with sea doo wont even go out on the gulf. Two of them have totaled their sea doo with a massive engine failure. Probably a lot of user error, however, nobody has blown up a 300 that I know. The yamahas just never meet their specs and arent even a player ever, at least the ones around houston and galveston texas.

My question is this.....everyone talks about all the manufacturers having great skis and everyone is generally equal and were all pretty cool about it but it just seems to me that the Kawasaki is a vastly better performing machine in any situation i am encountering. Am I in a parallel universe? Am I just lucky and come up on bad riders? Is there some advantage that sea doo and yamaha have when you start modding?

Seems like Kawasaki has just been out-marketed by gadgetry and not actually out performed.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Most people that comment haven't ridden one, it's as simple as that.

+1
    The 300 is about raw power plowing thru the chop..it's not about brakes ,suspension a nano excel hull etc..but in product sales and marketing, power can be a little intimidating to the buying consumer as SC skis need more attention that they may not want to deal with..I truly truly believe that the 300 is still haunted by the problems of the 250 and 260 models in previous yrs (crack heads ,pump bearings,GIO) and that what scares people away in there decision ...Kawasaki has addressed these Issues and made a better and more reliable ski..

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by octobon View Post
    everyone talks about all the manufacturers having great skis and everyone is generally equal and were all pretty cool about it but it just seems to me that the Kawasaki is a vastly better performing machine in any situation i am encountering. Am I in a parallel universe? Am I just lucky and come up on bad riders? Is there some advantage that sea doo and yamaha have when you start modding?
    Brand huggers will always say their brand is best and deny reality - it's part of human pride and the need to feel part of the collective. Yet in the real world, in real water on a typical saturday afternoon with tons of boat traffic, the 300X stands alone - nothing else keeps up with me and I've raced all of them in three years now. The new Yammie isn't going to change that fact, either.

+1
    typical brand hugger post even full of lies, where do you ride REAL WATER ricey? go back to your 250xtech diary. you are so full of yourself not once have we ever seen a picture of you in your bath water..

Quote Originally Posted by fcr100098 View Post
    everyone talks about all the manufacturers having great skis and everyone is generally equal and were all pretty cool about it but it just seems to me that the Kawasaki is a vastly better performing machine in any situation i am encountering. Am I in a parallel universe? Am I just lucky and come up on bad riders? Is there some advantage that sea doo and yamaha have when you start modding?
    Brand huggers will always say their brand is best and deny reality - it's part of human pride and the need to feel part of the collective. Yet in the real world, in real water on a typical saturday afternoon with tons of boat traffic, the 300X stands alone - nothing else keeps up with me and I've raced all of them in three years now. The new Yammie isn't going to change that fact, either.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Kawasaki is a vastly better performing machine in any situation i am encountering. Is there some advantage that sea doo and yamaha have when you start modding?
    There is an advantage that SD and Yam have when you start modding... that is that they both start out with moderate levels of boost when compared to the 300. This makes it relatively easy for their owners to increase boost and subsequently performance.

If You were to encounter a SD or Yamaha modified in such a way in a certain situation (especially some relatively flat water)... it would quickly become apparent that the Kawi is not a vastly better performing machine in every situation.

Don't want to start the war going... I've tuned up plenty of other skis on my 300, but have also been smoked quite easily on other occasions.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    There is an advantage that SD and Yam have when you start modding...
    Not necessarily, just depends on how and where you ride. The reality is the 300X wins off-shore endurance races year after year - period - FZRs and Sea Doos are nowhere to be found. Where I ride it's constant heavy traffic and cross chop, 80-90 mph youtube queens don't have a chance. "nickey" is blowing it out his rear, as usual

+1
    ricey, vman is on the money its a no brainer for those that live in the real world and not fairytale land. theres plenty of seadoo and yamaha's that will smoke ultras. who really cares that much who wins, do we need it blown up our ass how good you are all the time?

Banned User
    +1
    The reality is the 300X wins off-shore endurance races year after year - period - FZRs and Sea Doos are nowhere to be found.
    That isn't a fairy tale, it's 100% fact. It's also a fact I haven't lost a race to these other brands in three years and I've seen guys go flying off their ski and damn near get run over trying to keep up. Your "video" has you broken down at the side of a river, so why are you crowing about that? Keep the personal bs to yourself.

+1
    [QUOTE=fcr100098;2239376]
    The reality is the 300X wins off-shore endurance races year after year - period - FZRs and Sea Doos are nowhere to be found.
    Well the Sea Doo 260 is winning so far in the 300 class at this yrs USA AquaX offshore series...but the Ultra has dominated the UK series...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information