MSX140 2003 ran lean on mag cyl.

I have a 03 msx140 that had a oil mess on top of cylinder head for a while and then it started running rough. Did compression check none on mag cyl. found piston was missing 1.5" section along exhaust port. It appears that my injector was leaking at the metal to metal seal on injector tip to head. pulled it apart and can see that the mating surfaces have deformities. Wanted to buy new injector and new head but can not find any new parts available, what do i do now? is there is a way to repair my sealing surfaces? Any help on finding parts would be awesome. I know that after installing new injector i would have to have it programed into the ecm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	310332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	310333  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

What do the other two piston tops look like?

Is this a salt water machine?

Did you test fuel pressure before you pulled the engine apart?

Machine is not mine friend hit a large wake and after had no power. they tried new plugs and then unlucky for me he called me to come check it out. when I pulled seat off I noticed the oil mess on head and he claimed it was fogging oil, had been there since spring. was june10th

I checked compression was 140 on mag 145 on center 145 on pto. then tested fuel pressure found good flow but no pressure. checked forum found the crap design fuel regulator and installed a kawi inline one after the test port and before the tank. tested pressure 24psi. labeled tank about the modification. ran good sent him on his way,

calls me now says runs like crap again. checked compression right away again cause I had a feeling about that oil mess. and the slight pressure difference. 20psi on mag 145 on center 145 on pto. pulled head off and seen the piston was missing along the exhaust port. did make the mistake of pulling apart before pressure testing motor though.

Did some research and came to conclusion the injector was leaking on that cylinder. machine is fresh water ride. Not sure who dose the winterizing on it.

I told him he looking at a pretty penny fix it up and he still wants to go for it. look for the parts and can not find any new ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx h.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	310370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx in.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	310371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msx mag.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	310372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msxmid.jpg 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	310373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msxpto.jpg 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	310374
    Last edited by K447; 08-14-2013 at 09:27 PM.

+1
    The bore in the cylinder head for the injector looks OK in the photo, hard to tell if it is really compromised.

Is the injector tip actually eroded or is that just surface markings?

Sometimes the ooze from the injector just means the injector bolts have loosened slightly and all it needs is to be removed, cleaned up, and bolted back in (with correct torque).

Good used cylinder heads should not be hard to find.

Genuine new Service Replacement (Polaris' term) Ficht fuel injectors, not sure who might have one

Try contacting member GhostInstallations on here regarding matching a good used injector to your EMM.

The injector tip dose for sure have two bad spots on it, only one is in the picture of injector. other spot is directly across from one in pic. if i take my finger nail and drag across it, my nail catches at the two triangle areas. When i pulled other two injectors out to compare they are perfectly smooth. I can not get finger down into injector hole on head but my guess is that would catch my nail on the groove too.

I must say that I love this site and use it for great info all the time. Thanks so much to every one on here for the knowledge.

Was wondering what stuff to use on the head bolts when reinstalling? Any torque specs I need to do a top end rebuild? Cylinder bolts, head bolts, injector bolts? Exhaust? Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1yz View Post
    Was wondering what stuff to use on the head bolts when reinstalling? Any torque specs I need to do a top end rebuild? Cylinder bolts, head bolts, injector bolts? Exhaust? Thanks.
    Of course there are

Should be able to find what you need via my signature links, and in the various Tech threads.

Thanks for directing me...

Was looking in it and could not find where it says what the blue Sealer stuff on the cylinder head bolts is. It is at the top head of the bolt. Is this stuff needed to seal the head bolt To the head?
    Last edited by K447; 08-27-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: SM reference

Thread Information