2010 FZS Fuel warning buzzer

Have you ever heard of one not buzzing? My wife and her friend drove off on my FZS with only two bars and were gone for some time. I wasnt worried because I knew as soon as it started buzzing when it got down to one bar she would be heading back. We always go straight to dock as soon as it starts buzzing, even though I know it still has a few gallons left. I noticed when I got back on it there was only one bar and it wasnt buzzing. I beat them back to the dock so I went on past it and when I 180'd back it fell on its face. Did it one more time just to see and it did it again, just like running out of gas. Never a warning buzzer. Before I wanted to know how to turn the thing off it was so annoying, now I want to know how to make sure it buzzes when it gets low. Generally I pay attention to my guages, my wife however is another story. Just like her car....no lights or warning noises, no problems. Thanks.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    you have 4.5 gal with 1 bar......with buzzer going off you have 3gal left

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    you should get 15-20 miles with buzzer and 1 bar flashing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick4k View Post
    [INDENT]Have you ever heard of one not buzzing? My wife and her friend drove off on my FZS with only two bars and were gone for some time. I wasnt worried because I knew as soon as it started buzzing when it got down to one bar she would be heading back. We always go straight to dock as soon as it starts buzzing, even though I know it still has a few gallons left. I noticed when I got back on it there was only one bar and it wasnt buzzing. I beat them back to the dock so I went on past it and when I 180'd back it fell on its face. Did it one more time just to see and it did it again, just like running out of gas. Never a warning buzzer.
    Rick is right, at moderate speeds you can go quite a ways on one bar and the buzzer won't go off just because you're showing one bar (we did this today). My guess is when you did the 180 and spun the ski around sharply with low fuel, your fuel pick up in the tank caused the engine to stop. It's never happened to me personally, but others here have had this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    [INDENT]Have you ever heard of one not buzzing? My wife and her friend drove off on my FZS with only two bars and were gone for some time. I wasnt worried because I knew as soon as it started buzzing when it got down to one bar she would be heading back. We always go straight to dock as soon as it starts buzzing, even though I know it still has a few gallons left. I noticed when I got back on it there was only one bar and it wasnt buzzing. I beat them back to the dock so I went on past it and when I 180'd back it fell on its face. Did it one more time just to see and it did it again, just like running out of gas. Never a warning buzzer.
    Rick is right, at moderate speeds you can go quite a ways on one bar and the buzzer won't go off just because you're showing one bar (we did this today). My guess is when you did the 180 and spun the ski around sharply with low fuel, your fuel pick up in the tank caused the engine to stop. It's never happened to me personally, but others here have had this happen.
    Thanks guys. After a year of owning jet skis I still feel like a newbie. Fortunately I have this forum to answer my questions and calm my fears like Mik FZR did with a sound I was hearing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Thanks guys. After a year of owning jet skis I still feel like a newbie. Fortunately I have this forum to answer my questions and calm my fears like Mik FZR did with a sound I was hearing.
    No problem, we are all learning. I've had six of these 4 stroke skis now, and I'm always learning something new here on the forum.

+1
    The buzzer will only go when the last bar is flashing
    But I have herd of the buzzer not sounding

Thread Information