2008 Sea Doo GTX 215 - looking to add/upgrade with VTS

Hey all..looking to add VTS to my 2008 Sea Doo GTX 215 and looking for suggestions of where I can find them system for purchase and costs? I have read a few posts about VTS system issues but adjustments were simple enough to make it worth the upgrade purchases.....Thanks!

You have 2 routes, you can try and find a mechanical/manual/hydraulic level operated trim. That's the easiest as no electrical modifications, or BUDS reprogramming are needed. Or if you want true stock type VTS functionality you will need to modify you wiring harness to add the needed connections for VTS. OR you could buy and swap out your main harness with one from an RXT-X (Anytime I mention RXTX I am referring to an 08-10? or whatever the last year of the old style hull was).

In addition you will need the parts below.

1) RXP/RXTX Venturi Nozzle
    2) RXP/RXTX Steering/Trim Nozzle
    3) VTS motor (basically any year, but newer the better obviously, they have been the same for over a decade now)
    4) VTS trim rod from RXTX
    5) additional buttons to splice into existing steering harness, or replacement rxtx steering harness
    6) Modify your main wiring harness to add connectors VTS motor and trim buttons (Or just replace entire main harness with one from 09 rxtx).
    7) BUDS tech from dealer to enable VTS on your ski.

I feel like I'm forgetting something but I'm sure someone will mention it if so. Do a search there are a number of well written posts and how-to's on doing this mod.

+1
    i did a write up in the how to section also ebay is your friend i found mine for 140.00

Sorry meant to say "Lever", not "level". A mechanical trim replacement like would be used on a CC racing GSX or something would be the easiest route IMHO. That is if you can even locate such a thing anymore...

Thread Information