Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    53

    Rideplate Gasket

    Does anyone know the part number to the rideplate gasket that goes in between the 2 halves? I was taking mines apart since my rideplate was leaking and tore the gasket.

    Thanks!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Does anyone know the part number to the rideplate gasket that goes in between the 2 halves? I was taking mines apart since my rideplate was leaking and tore the gasket.

    Thanks!
    You could buy the gasket as a separate item/part up until 2003 models (4-tec). From 2004 on i think you need to buy the whole rideplate. The seal part no is 293250141 which you could get in the OEM parts store but im not sure if it will fit the newer plates.
    I can recall a post where other members were taking about using seals from the boat range not pwc`s, as somebody could get these but i cannot find the post...or who it was.

  3. #3
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Does anyone know the part number to the rideplate gasket that goes in between the 2 halves? I was taking mines apart since my rideplate was leaking and tore the gasket.

    Thanks!
    You could buy the gasket as a separate item/part up until 2003 models (4-tec). From 2004 on i think you need to buy the whole rideplate. The seal part no is 293250141 which you could get in the OEM parts store but im not sure if it will fit the newer plates.
    I can recall a post where other members were taking about using seals from the boat range not pwc`s, as somebody could get these but i cannot find the post...or who it was.
    Heckie,

    Thanks for the part number and tip! I will try ordering that gasket with that part number.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Does anyone know the part number to the rideplate gasket that goes in between the 2 halves? I was taking mines apart since my rideplate was leaking and tore the gasket.

    Thanks!
    You could buy the gasket as a separate item/part up until 2003 models (4-tec). From 2004 on i think you need to buy the whole rideplate. The seal part no is 293250141 which you could get in the OEM parts store but im not sure if it will fit the newer plates.
    I can recall a post where other members were taking about using seals from the boat range not pwc`s, as somebody could get these but i cannot find the post...or who it was.
    Heckie,

    Thanks for the part number and tip! I will try ordering that gasket with that part number.
    No problem. You can look at it in the OEM Parts Store to see if it looks anything like your seal. For some reason it wont let me copy the diagram into the post but if you look at the 2003 years (any 4-tec listed) under Engine section...Propulsion System-Internal....you`ll see the rideplate is split in the diagram. Part 14 is the seal, which fits in between the two plate halves. Part No 293250141, priced at $25.99.

  5. #5
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,378
    +1
    981
    Good call on that!!! And yeah, it does appear to be the same style seal for later year ride plates.

    http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...2003&fveh=2379

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 08 rideplate seal/gasket
    By Snoman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 06:53 AM
  2. Where to purchase rideplate screws??? Rideplate gasket
    By krouchchocolate in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 04:06 PM
  3. What is a good material to fill the rideplate holes??
    By boataddict in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM
  4. Grate trued to rideplate
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
  5. Any new RXP rideplates in the works?
    By BDNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •