+1

need some help installed riva rrfpr & walbro FP and now ski is slower than stock rxpx

little recap, originally was running a et 137+4 with only riva 50s but was running on the rich side, regardless ski ran great, lots of power was doing mid 70s, at half throttle when you punched it it pulled like a freight train.

I wanted to get the afrs up from 10.8 a little so i added a set of dekas from a 2012 rxpx and ski leaned out to about 12.1 to 12.3 and seemed to run great.

Was told that the motor wouldnt last to long and i should throw in a rrfpr so i did so as well as a walbro.

Now with proper afrs, the ski runs great down low, nice and smooth, feels snappy up untill you get to about 6000 rpms. When i give it wot from 6k it just gradually starts to accelerate like a stock rxpx.... afrs start around 12.5 and taper down to 11.8 11.9, 8100 rpms , ski feels like it goes better if i keep my pinky finger between the throttle and the grip, if i give it that little bit of extra throttle is seems to do nothing.

so anyone ever encounter this? why is it that when i was running my ski on the rich side with out the rrfpr it ran like a beast, and now with a legit setup it runs like a stock rxpx...?

could it be the deka 48lb injectors?

Ski is running et 137+4( literally just got the charger back from slow91 after he checked slip), riva rrfpr with boost ref hooked up, walbro fuel pump, 4" kani, riva thru hull, stock ecu seeing 8100 rpms on tach. fuel pressure is set at 55 on the reg, fuel pressure stays at 55 when the ski is off and slowly goes down. not sure if this info make s difference.

Before adding rrfpr and walbro ski was running great but had rich afrs.
    Last edited by 98gsxl951; 08-15-2013 at 08:46 AM.

+1
    Disconnect the ref line.

You will need to adjust the RRFPR psi slightly each day as the weather changes, 2-6 psi. It is not a set and forget setup.

+1
    the ref line can make that big of difference? do i need to plug up the ref line off the rrfpr, or do i just throw in the little vent fitting that came with the riva kit and plug off the manifold?

i understand the adjustment part, 6* difference in temp made my afrs off quite a bit between my saturday ride at 85* vs the sunday at 80* .

i was thinking of gettign rid of the 48 dekas with the ev1 to denso adapters and running my stock bosch 42s.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    the ref line can make that big of difference? do i need to plug up the ref line off the rrfpr, or do i just throw in the little vent fitting that came with the riva kit and plug off the manifold?

i understand the adjustment part, 6* difference in temp made my afrs off quite a bit between my saturday ride at 85* vs the sunday at 80* .

i was thinking of gettign rid of the 48 dekas with the ev1 to denso adapters and running my stock bosch 42s.
    def, its 1:1 and will raise the fuel pressure 12-13psi

42lb injectors are boarder line, i cant get my afr bellow 12.2-12.3, i have tried to jack up base pressure to 65lbs but the stock pump doesnt like that, it makes my WOT afr's worse and my idle AFR is low 11's to high 10's.

To me, if your ski runs better 3/4 throttle then WOT, i would think you are touching the limiter.

+1
    better is a poor word, basically like 4/5th throttle does the same as pinned to the grip. before at 6000 rpms when i gave it wot the ski pulled hard up untill 8000 rpms, was to hot to reach 8100. now at 6000rpms it takes the rpms twice as to climb the rpms to 8100.

+1
    My stock pump runs 82psi no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post

def, its 1:1 and will raise the fuel pressure 12-13psi

42lb injectors are boarder line, i cant get my afr bellow 12.2-12.3, i have tried to jack up base pressure to 65lbs but the stock pump doesnt like that, it makes my WOT afr's worse and my idle AFR is low 11's to high 10's.

To me, if your ski runs better 3/4 throttle then WOT, i would think you are touching the limiter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    My stock pump runs 82psi no problem
    that's cause your beerdart

8. +1 by:

Thread Information