Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTR: parts swap

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1

GTR: parts swap

I know some of you folks here are Sea-Doo dealers/service agents. I've been looking, and staring at the parts schematics and I can not tell...

Would the cup kit(295100546) from the RXP/(RXT/LTD?) fit on the GTR? I wanted to protect the bow from the hook...

Do any of the models have a steering cover in black?

Would the sponson system from a P-X/T-X model fit?
    Last edited by raceneked; 08-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.

+1
    If you find a good idea for the steering cover please let me know, thats the one part im stuck on getting rid of the white , i dont want to paint it an have it chipping off

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    I know some of you folks here are Sea-Doo dealers/service agents. I've been looking, and staring at the parts schematics and I can not tell...

Would the cup kit(295100546) from the RXP/(RXT/LTD?) fit on the GTR? I wanted to protect the bow from the hook...

Do any of the models have a steering cover in black?

Would the sponson system from a P-X/T-X model fit?
    I am pretty sure the cup kit is universal, if you look at the add for the seadoo I catch trailer they have the GTR model in the pictures with the cup. I did not see any models with a steering cover in black maybe wait for the 2014s to see what colors are released. I hated the white at first but there is something about a white seat that doesn't burn my A$$! and I love it. Sponson not sure...I know that WORX released a sponson set for the GTR but its pricey around $325, but its not listed on their site they also made a intake grate but I rather wait to see what R&D comes out with for that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondar View Post
    If you find a good idea for the steering cover please let me know, thats the one part im stuck on getting rid of the white , i dont want to paint it an have it chipping off
    Post some pics of your GTR! I see you changed the hood and stuff.

+1
    I took the Seadoo, emission, IBR and closed loop cooling sticker off. Looks cleaner!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTR.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	310467

+1
    Yea all the decals are gone off mine , black hood from a wake model and waiting on a jettrim all black with the backrest orange and orange stitch! Then the i need to get rid of that governor and go faster

+1
    I already did that part! lol. My ski is soo fast now I need my engine re-aligned and carbon ring done every 40 hours....!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    I already did that part! lol. My ski is soo fast now I need my engine re-aligned and carbon ring done every 40 hours....!
    I shouldn't even ask if your serious?????

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    I took the Seadoo, emission, IBR and closed loop cooling sticker off. Looks cleaner!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTR.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	310467
    That does make it look much cleaner. I want to do my white hood in a flat black or flat carbon fiber wrap...I was quoted $140-$160 by a professional place. So how much increase in top speed from lifting the governor?

Bondar...your ski is going to look pure evil once you get that new seat cover. Just be careful and don't burn your ass and inner thighs when you plop down on that black seat after it's been in the sun. The white seat is one thing I freaking love on mine...but I also live where it's a lot hotter than where you are.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    HA! I too have stripped virtually ALL the stickers on my GTR. The only stickers left are the one that tells you which way to flip it when capsized, the 'GTR215' on the back, and my Reg. numbers. I think it looks much better ALL black. I will post up pics when i get done waxing it. F'n rain...Got about 1/3 of it taped off, and rain...8 to 9" expected, I imagine I'm gonna have to re-tape everything....I dont have a garage, just an awning to work under...

Dont think I'd change the seat where I sit(I too like it white, keeps my azz much cooler!), but the rear seats would definitely get blacked out.

Shoot! to replace the white hood on the GTR with a black one from a GTI is cheaper than the wrap; the hood itself, in black, is $130.00 new.

RXP/T-X sponsons are like 40 bux/ side, plus the hardware - I was amazed at how cheap the actual sponsons are; its all the hardware that BRP gets you on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information