95 SPX (657cc) questions... HELP please!

So I went out today with my friend who has a 95 SPX, and his engine started bogging down and would barely move. I asked him to open his seat and tell me what color his fuel lines were. I kind of stood up and peaked over and seen the grey fuel lines.

I am going to replace his fuel lines and clean his carbs for him and see what kind of shape they're in. Thats no big deal I am firmiliar with that.

Just a question though, Where is the fuse box that holds the VTS fuse? His VTS doesn't work and I know from experience if you get lucky it MIGHT just be a blown fuse. My 787 blew, I replaced the fuse once and its been working ever since. I know my 787 it is in the rear box and it is a 7.5 amp fuse. I need to know the details for this machine.

Last question, this is driving me nuts. On a black hose just around the pto-flywheel/driveshaft area and inbetween the water box, there is a black hose (for water) and it has this plastic thing inbetween. It goes black hose, then it hits a plastic piece, then back to black hose. it has I believe two gear clamps holding that plastic piece on.

What on earth is this piece? does anyone has the 9 digit seadoo code for it. It is leaking badly. I think its cracked. I told him I would find out what it is and see a price for him to order a new one. Although, I've looked in the parts manual and can't seem to find it. Its not that little either? Its about the size of a golf ball. I have looked online to find a picture of it but I can't. It is cut off in every picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jAEN1hT.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	310473

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Fuse is in the front gray box for the vts. As for that thing your talking about I didn't see it on the picture. Take another please. It sounds like the hose flush connection? It's aftermarket ifbthstbis what it is...

hi mate i think you will find the fuse for the VTS inside the electrical box near the battery if it is not blown your mate is up for a new VTS housing i have just done this repair to both my seadoo's and used THE TRIM FIX found it on ebay much more easy than ripping out the VTS box as for your hose issuse that is a water pick up i wolud say without seeing a picture it would be an in line fillter to catch sand and weed

+1
    Sounds like the flush fitting. Mine us white and I think a red cap. For flushing salt water and running on a water hose in the yard my brother says. Not sure but sounds logical. I know on bass boats they say it's ok to run on low rpms with a hose but not enough water to get crazy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Fuse is in the front gray box for the vts. As for that thing your talking about I didn't see it on the picture. Take another please. It sounds like the hose flush connection? It's aftermarket ifbthstbis what it is...
    Haha I didn't take the picture. I got it off Google. The seadoo is at my dads shop right now. I'll be going there shortly, then I'll take a picture.

Do any of you also know how many amps the vts fuse is?

+1
    7.5 pretty sure.

thats what i figured. Anyways, that does sound right. the thing in the middle of the hose looks like some kind of filter/flusher. If I pull it right out, what could I put in between as a filler? What size is the hose that its on? I don't think its needed. this boat has never been and never will be driven in salt water.

+1
    Does it look like the white fitting with the red cap? That's what mine has

http://checkout.sea-doo.com/p/flush-kit?pp=20

Thread Information