Choads 96 Seadoo XP stereo build

I thought i would start a new thread after being asked a few questions on my seadoo project and throw up some more photo's. This ski started out as an anchor it had been sunk and then left to die in a mate's backyard it was then shifted to my house and the rebuild begain. After an epic day on the water me and a mate were cleaning down our skis drinking beer and talking about our ride and we both said how good it would be to have some tunes while riding then we both turned and looked at the old xp sitting in the corner waitng for some love we talked about different ideas drank more beer and next thing you know we were putting a 12"sub in it along with 6" speakers an amp and head unit the lights came after. I started with the fibreglass work removing the stock mirriors and replacing them with timber rings to house the speakers and then glassing the whole hood then it was the same for the rear to fit the sub then i pulled out the spray gun and shot the factory white hull black and the hood yellow leaving the bottom hull stock yellow. Next up i installed a fusion marine headunit in the front storage bin and remote controll under the handelbars and a small mono block amp in the nose of the ski the engine was sent away to be rebuilt what was left of it then painted and installed into the ski. Next came the issue of how to power it all so i got a 15ah deepcycle battery and mounted it behind the motor so the stereo runs on the deepcycle battery and the motor runs on the stock battery as normal extensive garage testing has shown i get a day and a half out of a charge at normal listening volume and when its time to bang out some beats it will last a day. After another session on the beers i thought it needed somthing eles lights so i installed a waterproof strip of L.E.D.s around the bump strip and a music controller in the front storage bin so they change color or flash with the music the ski is almost complete it is just wiating on a new throttle and steering cable then will be put into action on the lake as soon as summer hits i will take more photos and video and post them over the weekend
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	310495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0039.jpg 
Views:	1546 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	310496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	310497
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	310498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	310499  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0879.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	310500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	310501

Very cool!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I must admit that while reading the paragraph before the pictures that i "could only imagine" what this is going to look like. But i'm impressed of the thought of art of engineering that went into that. Now that said its not something i'd do but its good work...

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    I must admit that while reading the paragraph before the pictures that i "could only imagine" what this is going to look like. But i'm impressed of the thought of art of engineering that went into that. Now that said its not something i'd do but its good work...

I 2nd all this, you really gave an old broke down ski a creative and remarkable second life. Awsome job.

We do a ton of LED stuff at our shop in Oregon.. underwater led really seem to have the biggest wow factor.. nice work on bond rail led.. check out new RGB controllers that change color from app on phone! Pic of back of my Wakesetter this summer @ Shasta Lake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1413460846674.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	344293  

Thread Information