Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Kawasaki js550 jetpower. It bought it on a trailer and with a new battery it ran great while on the trailer. So i went to the lake, put my jet ski in an it started fine. After a minute or so i fell off, tried to start the engine and it turned over but i couldn't get it started. Sometimes it started but it ran very bad an died after 3s. So they pulled me back to the shore. Tried to start it there. Sometimes it started but it ran very bad and didn't respond to the gas... I pulled out the plugs and they were black and wet. Eventually I pulled it out of the water on the trailer. On the trailer i tried to start it again and it started immediately, ran great and good response to the gas.

Now I did mix my gasoline with 3% 2-stroke-oil. On the lake they said that I had to mix it with 2% 2-stroke-oil. Could this be the problem? It did smoke very much so i think it may be the carb which is set wrong. But i don't know how to begin to set it correct.

Could it be that the carb problem and the oil mixture offset make it down on power and that's why it doesn't start well in the water?

Any help is welcome!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foto2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	310521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foto1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	310522