Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    tvtyme2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hamilton New Jersey
    Posts
    34
    +1
    1

    does 67.5 sound slow?

    I have been doing some reading and think I should be at 70 with my mods.My most recent mod was sending my head to Jim.Really feel a difference bottom and mid range.Well worth the coin.I know after I send him my plate I will be at 70.I think I should be closer now?I just installed tiny tach and will test monday.Stock tach says 7000.This is with the trim in nuetral and a 200 pound rider in the dirty Delaware River.Also I am using a garmin Nuvi car gps.I know it could be many things just want to hear what some think.I should also say the ski only did 62 before the mods.I found a damaged stock prop and wornout wear ring.I will be refreshing the topend this winter.I have the proper compression but 160 hours.


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme2000 View Post
    I have been doing some reading and think I should be at 70 with my mods.My most recent mod was sending my head to Jim.Really feel a difference bottom and mid range.Well worth the coin.I know after I send him my plate I will be at 70.I think I should be closer now?I just installed tiny tach and will test monday.Stock tach says 7000.This is with the trim in nuetral and a 200 pound rider in the dirty Delaware River.Also I am using a garmin Nuvi car gps.I know it could be many things just want to hear what some think.I should also say the ski only did 62 before the mods.I found a damaged stock prop and wornout wear ring.I will be refreshing the topend this winter.I have the proper compression but 160 hours.
    you should be at 7300 to 7350 rpm impeller needs to be repitched.

  3. #3
    Flame arrestors? Free flow exhaust?

  4. #4
    tvtyme2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hamilton New Jersey
    Posts
    34
    +1
    1
    How do I determine what pitch to use with my mods.I will be putting a keyway in this winter when I take it down to do the topend. Will that a difference in the pitch needed.For now any suggestions on a pitch?

  5. #5
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Hello tvtyme2000, you ask is 67.5 to slow ? I normally would say I think so. However, my ski has all the bolt on mods (except the milled heads, like yours) and the best I can get is 67.5 and every once-n- while 68 on my GPS. having said that, I guess around 67 is the best we can hope for currently. I plan to have my heads milled and install the 4* key way I have sitting on my work bench. Beyond that I am @ a loss for what to do next.

  6. #6
    VdeKock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    566
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Beyond that I am @ a loss for what to do next.
    Go for the VF3's reeds with spacer plate from WFO, Helped me to get pas the 70mph border

  7. #7
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme2000 View Post
    How do I determine what pitch to use with my mods.I will be putting a keyway in this winter when I take it down to do the topend. Will that a difference in the pitch needed.For now any suggestions on a pitch?
    I'm running a 14/21 with similar modes, after you install the heads 14/20 will be too small.

  8. #8
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroClient View Post
    Flame arrestors? Free flow exhaust?
    No free flow exh , it will actually slow the ski ,and no to mention the extremely loud noise.

  9. #9
    tvtyme2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hamilton New Jersey
    Posts
    34
    +1
    1
    In my case head gave me big bottom and mid range power but only 1 mile hour at topend. should I try my stock prop? I believe it is 13x19.

  10. #10
    VdeKock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    566
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme2000 View Post
    should I try my stock prop? I believe it is 13x19.
    you want to pitch up.... Not down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Does my VXR sound normal???
    By keylargoVXR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 08:52 PM
  2. Does this MPH sound about right with this combo?
    By Ski Hacks MG in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 03:14 PM
  3. video, does this idle sound normal to you?
    By faredo in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
  4. How does this setup sound?
    By mudbug660 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
  5. Does this speed sound about right?
    By ecpChris in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •