Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki 300X vs RXPX 255 Today

Couldn't believe my eyes, just droped both skis in the water at the bottom of the ramp along with my wife, my buddy, and his wife when I looked up and saw it! Low and behold two Kawisaki Ultras and one was the BEAST, a 300X. Been looking for two seasons for one of these, I bout shit myself right there and then. I sent the ole lady out ahead on my PX and my buddy did the same by sending his ole lady out of the wake zone on his RXT. I waited at the bottom of the ramp with the ole lady's RXP with my buddy and his old stand up. They backed down the ramp and got out just before the Ultras were in the water. I patiently waited until they came to the back of the trailer and commented on how nice the skis looked, they seemed a little arrogant but never the less I had to pop the question "do you guys ever race those thing?", they both had a smerky grin and one answered "yea, what you got?". I told him I had the PX 255 sitting out past the wake zone and he replied real quick "I'll run it". My buddy was doing everything he could to stay cool. What happens next was suitable for televisions most funny videos.

I fired her RXP up and eased on out past the wake zone and switched machines while my buddy stood in the water getting ready on his stand up. My buddy then fired up and headed out to where I was at and when he got in ear site of me starting laughing his ass off and said when I rode out they were giggling with each other and told him that they were "fixin to whip that dudes ass with this one", talking about the 300X. I played around the wake zone buoys by half throttling and hunkering down a bit to give the impression I was laying in it.

Finally, here he came riding up out of the wake zone and idled up near me and gave me the SIGN (the old head nod with one finger point). I returned the favor and of course he took the chance to clamp the throttle. I was read so he may have gotten a 1/4 boat length on the punch but within a second it was dead even, within about three seconds he was looking at the back of my vest, within 10 seconds I had pulled 2-3 boat lengths and was pulling away pretty good. My buddy was laughing his ass off at the whole scenario. I ran a good half mile and stopped, sure nuff here he come wanting to run again but never close enough at this point to talk. I let him hole shot again but this time when I clamped the throttle I never let off for over a mile. I pulled over at the sand bar and waited a minute, here they all came pulling up, the first thing he said was "that thing isn't stock", I replied "never said it was". Turns out his wasn't stock either and had a few extra mods including the speed control overide. He drove over from Dallas (200 miles) to ride the Red River and some more of our waterways. Said he had never been beat until today. I know those things are better suited for rough water riding but damn it sure fun to smoke one on the flats........

+1
    Dont think I have seen one either. a few of the ultras we have raced here and there but they were only lightly modded with scoms etc. You still running what's in your sig?

+1
    Yep, small charger with a set of 50s

+1
    Forgot to mention I had a full tank and the nose was loaded with a full cooler and still pulled 79.3 on the GPS

+1
    My two buddys have them and they are monsters in the chop, I have an X charger, External IC and 4" cold air going on this week. I'm hoping its enough to beat him. Even on the flats he pulls like a freight train.

+1
    Just couldn't resist huh? Lol hell I wasn't to far behind with a N/A ski. But lost none the less.

+1
    Love the cockiness most 300 guys have. My boss has a stock LX(besides cold air intake). Nice hole shot but that's about it... he won't even entertain a race with me

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Just couldn't resist huh? Lol hell I wasn't to far behind with a N/A ski. But lost none the less.
    Yea Bryant I had to post this but I hate you missed the races at the launch! You would have laughed your ass off too!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Love the cockiness most 300 guys have. My boss has a stock LX(besides cold air intake). Nice hole shot but that's about it... he won't even entertain a race with me
    Yeah that's really what he beat us on and chop from wake boats he only got 71 or so.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Yea Bryant I had to post this but I hate you missed the races at the launch! You would have laughed your ass off too!
    I had to let him win at least one so his pride wasn't hurt. Lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information