+1

2010 RXT-X (113 hours) trip and input on maint items.

Hey guys,

I just made a run from Kuttawa Ky., which is located on Lake Barkley in Kentucky to Dover TN, (Fat Daddy's Marinia) located on Kentucky lake. On the way down I logged roughly 55 miles down (oneway) and used 9 gallons of gas. Now my buddy was on a 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X w/78hrs and used 14gals on the way down south. I cant believe the difference in fuel usage. We were running between 40/45mph on the way down. I keep my ski in ECO-mode the whole way and when I pulled into the fuel dock I had 3 bars left. I know several owners have had issues with there ski's, but I bought this ski new and its been GREAT. Had two issues with ski since new and that being aft access panels warpped and first time on water, Off ideal steering sensor was bad. Other than those two problems, ski has now been on one 3 day 400 mile (21hrs seat time) trip and numrious 50-60 miles on the Chesapeake Bay (Virginia Beach, Va.) days with 0-problems. Now, with that, I have never had my wear-ring replaced and my prop still looks perfect. Should I look into replacing it or as long as gap is good and no visible damage, just keep it? Also, with the hours on the ski, anything I should be looking into replacing and just how long will this ski's motor last with proper care and no mods.

+1
    If performance is OK and clearance is good than no need to change wear ring. You do need to get that super charger rebuilt soon.
    Clutch washers seem to hold up well past 100 hrs but, the bearings could crap out soon. My advice - pull it and send it to Jerry.

+1
    I did forget to mention, I did have the supercharger rebuilt at 95hrs.. Thanks Stuckmoto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    If performance is OK and clearance is good than no need to change wear ring. You do need to get that super charger rebuilt soon.
    Clutch washers seem to hold up well past 100 hrs but, the bearings could crap out soon. My advice - pull it and send it to Jerry.

+1
    Sounds to me like you have it all figured out!

Good to hear.

+1
    By rebuilt your saying bearings and washers I hope...
    Too many people just changing the clutch washers only to have the bearings crap out and doo 2k+ in damages..

+1
    Yes, complete rebuild on the SC.

+1
    Then you should be ready to rip till your next oil change.

+1
    Seadoo seemed to have the clutches all sorted out , the new OEM are great ...

But the SC bearings still can be a problem ... I have never seen pass 50hrs but ride in the ocean with chop most times ...

+1
    I'm at 103 mostly ocean and choppy conditions riding on my 2010 TX260. I'm about to pull it and swap with my lower 2012 PX charger that I'm replacing. I'm real curious to see how the slip compares.

Thread Information