Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first impression

Got super excited when I saw the red 250X in the crate waiting on me!!
    Even more excited when I seen it sitting on the trailer waiting on me to put her in the water.

5 hour "take it easy" break in period?!?!?! WHAT!!??? This is TORTURE! LOL

After 1.5 hours.... yawn! It was nice, looks AWESOME! But had to go home.
    Took the back sticker off... minor paint issues... concerned.
    Next weekend.... in the water to suffer thru the break in.... rode alittle faster and varied the RPM's often. Wondered why the RPM's are alot higher than actual speed. My 21' Baja boat reads 2000 RPM = 20 MPH, 4000 RPM = 40 MPH, etc. not even close on the Ultra! 5000 RPM's = 25 MPH.

Hit the 4.5 hour mark. Time to play alittle harder. Tried the top speed for just a second or two. going about 25 MPH and squeezed the throttle. WOW! and then ... Hmmmm
    This thing took off like a rocket but it hit 58 - 60 MPH and that was it!
    The lake was smooth as glass and water was cold.
    Took it out into the bay with slight chop... cuts thru slight chop like butter but 57 - 60 MPH and that's it!

As of right now.... It LOOKS fast and it IS quick but I have my concerns about top end speed and how delicate everything seems to be .

+1
    Congrats FF!
    Take that baby to the HEAVY chop and watch her shine!

A couple of other things:
    • Boat props and PWC impellors have different ratios. Even different pwc's react differently at different speeds. It is not a 1:1 ratio.
    • Speedo's aren't accurate on watercraft. As an example, in the 90's our ZXi would read over 60mph, but in reality was only 55. They are all a little different. Get a GPS if you are worried about that last few mph.
    • Expect mid-60's on a GPS.
    • Record your RPMs. This is a true test of how you engine is purring along and will help you tune it in the future.
    • Take note, that a few of us have found tons of silicone in the pump tunnel and hanging all over the rideplate. This robs speed.

i rode mine for the first time saturday. WOW ! this thing blows my stx1200r it has great excelleration great ergonomics & handling my dreamometer never went over 60 either but i know it was. water temp was 42.6 the engine was loving that. the only complant i have is the off steering crap. i would love to get rid of that smart steering bullsh!t !

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    ...the only complaint i have is the off steering crap. i would love to get rid of that smart steering bullsh!t !
    Does anyone have an answer for how to get rid of the off throttle steering??

Took that baby out in the Gulf for some deep chop... First wave, got soaked... second wave, got soaked... third wave turn this baby around and headed back into the bay.... just too damn cold to play in the Gulf just yet!! LOL

+1
    Go thru the front panel and unplug it. The magnet is on the steering bar, just unplug it.

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    i rode mine for the first time ...
    My last new ski was a 2002 STXR. I have never ridden a 4-stroke. My first impression is....I am riding a big SHOP-VAC!

I went from a vibrating 1300cc 2 stroke that would please any female, to a 1500cc 4 stroke! I love the fact that my 4 stroke starts at the push of a button without having to choke and finesse the throttle. Also love the no vibration!! But I do kinda laugh at the futuristic space ship sound that the Ultra makes with the supercharger whizzing away as I glide across the water!!!

We rode some yesterday afternoon, There were 6 of us riding. One couple was on the FX HO, the other couple was on 15f. One of the girls on the fx ho said my red boat looked like the bat mobile. O course she only saw it from the rear.

She made comment not to get to close to her on the rear so I would not get wet from that pee spout that comes out. I told her in a laughing way that would not be a problem since I would never be behind her.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    hey FF were did you buy your KAWI at

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information