Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Some feedback on the R&D reflash for the Ultra 300

Just got my ECU back and did some testing and comparision "feel" to the previous stock ECU..I had an R3(93 octane) which according to R&D was a slight increase in timing remapping the A/F in the midrange and raising rev limiter to 8750,this according to Glenn (r&d) is a safe reflash but will be a noticeably improved performance.Well the ski now accelerates even harder by somewhere like 10-15% as the throttle response is even snappier if even that was somehow possible as great the 300 is already...but did NOT see a mph gain as speed top #s on slight ripple of water @72* and sea level were between 72-73 mph with rpms a healthy 7900-8100 around there...Two things that stood out, first the ski's rpms spun up quicker to 8K even faster than before, then your cruising the mid range 5-6K rpms REALLY accelerates when you completely stab the throttle..Holeshot was stronger, no cavitation whats so ever but the pull in the midrange is what stands out...Overall the reflash for 93 octane will get you from 0 - 72-74 just faster than before on flat water....Without O2 sensors and a AFR gauge and no knock sensor, R&D would not give a more extreme reflash that also would require race fuel but they offer it but upgrading the stock internals(forge pistons.rods etc)they highly recommend...but any kind of engine mod even a safe reflash can be risky, certainly don't know doing a 40-50 miles @ WOT it would hold up,but they say its been tested (R3) at the Jet Raid endurance race in Europe this yr without any problems...I'm happy I got it done

Banned User
    +1
    Isn't the stock limiter 8800 already?

+1
    dont know why everyone quotes the limiter it has no basis on performance gains!! also i find it hard to believe any reflash comparison test without side by side testing.

+1
    Pretty much the same review as mine. Corey, I ran side by side against a stock (with SCOM) ultra a couple weeks ago and pulled about a boat out of the hole and at least another up to about 70. I have the solas 14/21 also. I tried running the tune without the solas and I got cavitation, so I put it in.

+1
    nice work now i just need a guinea pig for holding it at WOT for 30+mins then im sold im done taking anymore engine tune chances..

+1
    I don't blame you. I'm thinking about racing the Mark Hahn again this year, so we will hopefully see how it holds up. I might send it back for the endurance tune before the race tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Just got my ECU back and did some testing and comparision "feel" to the previous stock ECU..I had an R3(93 octane) which according to R&D was a slight increase in timing remapping the A/F in the midrange and raising rev limiter to 8750,this according to Glenn (r&d) is a safe reflash but will be a noticeably improved performance.Well the ski now accelerates even harder by somewhere like 10-15% as the throttle response is even snappier if even that was somehow possible as great the 300 is already...but did NOT see a mph gain as speed top #s on slight ripple of water @72* and sea level were between 72-73 mph with rpms a healthy 7900-8100 around there...Two things that stood out, first the ski's rpms spun up quicker to 8K even faster than before, then your cruising the mid range 5-6K rpms REALLY accelerates when you completely stab the throttle..Holeshot was stronger, no cavitation whats so ever but the pull in the midrange is what stands out...Overall the reflash for 93 octane will get you from 0 - 72-74 just faster than before on flat water....Without O2 sensors and a AFR gauge and no knock sensor, R&D would not give a more extreme reflash that also would require race fuel but they offer it but upgrading the stock internals(forge pistons.rods etc)they highly recommend...but any kind of engine mod even a safe reflash can be risky, certainly don't know doing a 40-50 miles @ WOT it would hold up,but they say its been tested (R3) at the Jet Raid endurance race in Europe this yr without any problems...I'm happy I got it done

Thank you for your feed back.
    I am new on this forum, and I have some questions about my ultra 300LX 2011.
    I have bought an used jet ski 300 LX, and the seller told me that my propeller on the ski is a skat trak 14/21 with few mods. He gave me an another propeller that he say it is the stock one.

R&D Ultra 300 Ride Plate Kit
    R&D Ultra 300 Aquavein Grate Kit
    R&D Ultra 300 Pump Shoe Seal Kit
    TBM Ultra 300 Anti-Cavitation Con
    TBM Ultra 300 Sponson Kit
    R&D Ultra 300 Speed-up Modul
    R&D Ultra 300 Cool Air Filter Kit
    R&D Ultra 300 Performance Exhaust Plate
    Skat trak 14/21
    1 wedge pump

Do you think that 7450 - 7550 at WOT is normal? I don't have GPS actually , so I can't tell you my top speed.
    But I did run plenty of time with my friends RXTX 260 2013 all stock. Any time my hole shot is quicker than his ski about 1 craft at low-end, 2 craft at mid-end and when I am WOT about 3 craft. But when I am wot he can slowly come back on me. If I make a short run I win, If I make long run he come back on me and can past me just a litle bit. His GPS dash board clock 114 km/h (71 mph). Is it normal??
    Maybe it's cause of my propeller? I think I must be faster when I read all the post on the forum.
    Please let me know what you think of that.
    Sorry for my bad english, and thank you.

+1
    for starters ignore your mates RXTX260 gps dash, they are incorrect to be honest you will need to get your own gps and check with the max rpms whilst at wot dont use the stored max rpms it is also incorrect in most occasions.

has your ski got a scom?

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for the review, this sounds like a cheap alternative to getting a 310 - I'm pretty much sold

What was the ambient temp? RPM looks good, did you pick up some rpm, compared to stock ECU with override?

10. +1 by:

+1
    Put back the stock impeller, we did some test before and you loose almost 2mph with the 14/21.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information