+1

Riva Grate on 2010 RXTX 260 Review

I saw about 150rpm (8150) increase and about 1-2mph increase. Only other mod is vtech tune. I saw 70 allot of times when I normally only see 68 In this kind of warm weather. The ski stays hooked up as good as my PX260. I can run the heavy chop at 67ish vs 62ish. Huge improvement. Turning takes slightly more effort however the ski just feels so planted. Acceleration when at 50-68 felt better. Gets right up to 68 then creeps to 70. Before it would creep to 68. I was having some buyers remorse early on but that is all gone. Wish I would have installed it sooner. The only thing I did notice is that I think will take a little tuning out is a bit of a bounce at top speed even at mid trim. If the water wasn't perfectly flat the ski would tend to bounce a bit and I'd trim down one click under half. Ttwo thumbs up for this in expensive mod...way worth it! http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2298

+1
    I'd say the vtech tune gave you the rpm increase. IMHO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    I'd say the vtech tune gave you the rpm increase. IMHO
    Nothing personal, but after riding that ski for 100+ hours...I'm thinking I know the ski pretty well. I haven't been able to break 8000 with this warm/humid weather. Even on my PX with gen3, Athena, free flow, Intake I'm only seeing about 8050ish. By the way both my skis ran basically dead even. It wasn't till I got the Gen3 that I could pull the TX barely. Also the TX would come un hooked in light chop that would allow me to get ahead of it...but not anymore. When the weather was in the mid/high 50's I could run it to the limiter about 8350. I recommend nobody get one so I have the only one

+1
    What year is your PX?

How do you like the gen III?

Is that ski vteched also?

Thanks, glad that grate is workin good for ya.

+1
    2012 PX - Under the Knife currently thus why riding the TX again. About 75% done installing Riva Stage 4. Waiting for the last few parts to come in next week. Full Athena setup, logger, map switch, Wideband. Gen 3 definitely gives it some juice. Like I said previous to doing the gen 3 I couldn't pull my TX and it only had the VTech...stock funky intake. Now the 2010 TX does have a better/bigger IC than the future TX/PX models. SeaDoo cheeped out big time. It was literally dead even previous to me doing the gen3. Vtech is definitely a great option. I would get your ski flashed to the newest flash before doing it though...if your thinking about it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    2012 PX - Under the Knife currently thus why riding the TX again. About 75% done installing Riva Stage 4. Waiting for the last few parts to come in next week. Full Athena setup, logger, map switch, Wideband. Gen 3 definitely gives it some juice. Like I said previous to doing the gen 3 I couldn't pull my TX and it only had the VTech...stock funky intake. Now the 2010 TX does have a better/bigger IC than the future TX/PX models. SeaDoo cheeped out big time. It was literally dead even previous to me doing the gen3. Vtech is definitely a great option. I would get your ski flashed to the newest flash before doing it though...if your thinking about it.
    Awesome, what vtech flash are you referring to? I will be going vtech as soon as I get my ecu back.

+1
    8350 AGR Map, basically removes speed limiter, ski starts in sport mode all the time. Not sure how much tweaking is in it other than that.

Thread Information