Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo is always broken. In shop over 20 times since purchase. Any options??

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on what my options are for my Seadoo situation.

I purchased the GTX is Limited 255 at the Chicago boat show in 2009. Since then our seadoo has been in the shop MOST of every summer since purchase. The dealer is in Indiana. It is registered in Michigan.

Usually it is in the shop for about two weeks per time with about 3 or 4 shop visits in a summer for check engine lights. Which equates to most of every summer the seadoo is out of commission.

It has been in the shop this past full month for a check engine light. We picked it up friday because we were told it was fixed and as soon as we put it in the water the check engine light came back on. I have only had one ride this year.

Seadoo is aware. Last year they offered me 4k for the seadoo. I don't feel that is right. They should replace it or return my money since I never really have gotten fair usage.

It is still under warranty. I only have 19 hours of use on it because it is always in the shop with nearly 4 summers of possible time to use.

Anyone know a law firm in I could contact.

Also does seadoo keep records of how much it has been in the shop. Like a car fax. Am I able to see those records? The dealer never gives me any paperwork. Just asks me to sign and then they keep the paperwork normally. I never know what was wrong. They just say they fixed it to no avail every single time.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Ben

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownSeadoo View Post
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on what my options are for my Seadoo situation.

I purchased the GTX is Limited 255 at the Chicago boat show in 2009. Since then our seadoo has been in the shop MOST of every summer since purchase. The dealer is in Indiana. It is registered in Michigan.

Usually it is in the shop for about two weeks per time with about 3 or 4 shop visits in a summer for check engine lights. Which equates to most of every summer the seadoo is out of commission.

It has been in the shop this past full month for a check engine light. We picked it up friday because we were told it was fixed and as soon as we put it in the water the check engine light came back on. I have only had one ride this year.

Seadoo is aware. Last year they offered me 4k for the seadoo. I don't feel that is right. They should replace it or return my money since I never really have gotten fair usage.

It is still under warranty. I only have 19 hours of use on it because it is always in the shop with nearly 4 summers of possible time to use.

Anyone know a law firm in I could contact.

Also does seadoo keep records of how much it has been in the shop. Like a car fax. Am I able to see those records? The dealer never gives me any paperwork. Just asks me to sign and then they keep the paperwork normally. I never know what was wrong. They just say they fixed it to no avail every single time.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you considered taking your ski to another dealer....just for a second opinion on things and what is going on with your ski. The fact you say the dealer you are using doesn`t seem to be telling you what the problems are... i`d be personally looking somewhere else.
    If it was me...i would certainly want to know what the issues were considering the ski has been in so many times.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Ask Sea Doo to give you the name of a dealer close to you that they would recommend prior to further demands. If it can not be fixed by the dealer of their choice by their best tech, then there is a problem.

Banned User
    +1
    You are covered by the Federal Law, 15 U.S.C. 2301-called the Magnuson moss act; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
    Make sure you documented each dealer visit, time the boat was in the shop, etc.
    You shouldn't need a lawyer-just read the law. It would appear from your description, and to make you "whole", they should refund your money. Giving you a new ski isn't an option, since it's a 2009 model.
    However, why have you waited this long, to take action??
    Did you pay cash or finance?

Have you contacted Seadoo personally? Maybe ask to speak to the Area Manager. Take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion is always a good idea.

As for the "car-fax" idea; yes, each time your boat is at the dealer-any dealer can look up your VIN#, and see when/where it has been serviced, and for what. However, to get another dealer to give out that information to a potential customer looking at buying your boat, is questionable. TBH, I never thought about that.

So far, I've had very good luck with Seadoo, and, when I had a problem with my brand new 2013 GXT Limited 260 iS-with 2 hours on it, they stepped right up, and had an A-tech working on it, the Area Manage was involved, as was Seadoo's main tech support line, the Dealer I bought it from, and the Dealer doing the work(different dealers). The bottom line in my case was; 3 fault codes(2 were the same), that appears happen randomly, on brand new boats, with the iS, and usually don't re-appear. The Dealer even took the time after they were done with my boat, to wash it for me. It was in the shop for 6 days(1 of those days was a half day, and 2 were days they were closed).

On my 2008 RXT-X, I had 2 Warranty issues(hood strut moved, and pump tunnel re-enforcement, all covered under warranty), and both were also handle quickly and professionally, and after that, the boat ran great(over 190 hours-and I sold it, and it's still going strong).

Read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Be patient. And, talk to someone higher up in the food chain, at Seadoo. Be polite, and thoroughly explain your situation to them-with dates and circumstances.

+1
    Go to a different dealer for service...

+1
    I had the same ski. I sold it when it had over 160 hrs.
    There is a seadoo rep for every area and you need to be talking to them.
    Try to be polite...
    It tends to get you farther than really telling them how you feel...
    Good luck!!!

+1
    sell it and try a different brand

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    waiting this long to take action puts you in a realllly carappy position.

find an attorney and be ready to spend a couple of grand to make your point.

ALWAYS get a receipt when you have service done. Start looking for your cancelled checks or credit card receipts.

Sorry, Marcellus Wallace and his group of hard hittin "associates" is no longer available to help deal with your problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    You are covered by the Federal Law, 15 U.S.C. 2301-called the Magnuson moss act; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
    You shouldn't need a lawyer-just read the law. It would appear from your description, and to make you "whole", they should refund your money. Giving you a new ski isn't an option, since it's a 2009 model.

Have you contacted Seadoo personally? Maybe ask to speak to the Area Manager. Take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion is always a good idea.

As for the "car-fax" idea; yes, each time your boat is at the dealer-any dealer can look up your VIN#, and see when/where it has been serviced, and for what. However, to get another dealer to give out that information to a potential customer looking at buying your boat, is questionable. TBH, I never thought about that.

So far, I've had very good luck with Seadoo, and, when I had a problem with my brand new 2013 GXT Limited 260 iS-with 2 hours on it, they stepped right up, and had an A-tech working on it, the Area Manage was involved, as was Seadoo's main tech support line, the Dealer I bought it from, and the Dealer doing the work(different dealers). The bottom line in my case was; 3 fault codes(2 were the same), that appears happen randomly, on brand new boats, with the iS, and usually don't re-appear. The Dealer even took the time after they were done with my boat, to wash it for me. It was in the shop for 6 days(1 of those days was a half day, and 2 were days they were closed).

On my 2008 RXT-X, I had 2 Warranty issues(hood strut moved, and pump tunnel re-enforcement, all covered under warranty), and both were also handle quickly and professionally, and after that, the boat ran great(over 190 hours-and I sold it, and it's still going strong).

Read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Be patient. And, talk to someone higher up in the food chain, at Seadoo. Be polite, and thoroughly explain your situation to them-with dates and circumstances.
    The only way another dealer will see what dealers the ski has been to is if they all register a call with BRP or if they file a claim with BRP. If your local dealer creates a work order then it just goes into his files, not to BRP....

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post

The only way another dealer will see what dealers the ski has been to is if they all register a call with BRP or if they file a claim with BRP. If your local dealer creates a work order then it just goes into his files, not to BRP....
    Thanks-didn't know that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information