Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Vxr exit nozzles, steering nozzle, and other questions

OK first off what is the stock exit nozzle size? Then if you go bigger you have better holeshot right? So essentially if you go smaller your speed might gain? I want to switch to a steel or aluminum exit nozzle while being close to stock. What would be the best angle to choose? Can the reverse gate be modified to be used in the hydro force steering nozzle. What are my options with this. Also wanting to put a pump wedge on. I have searched a lot and seems no one is messing with this stuff to much.

+1
    Also had anyone used the R&D transom plate machining? Does the cavitation go down? Any improvement in holeshot?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    FZR/SHO is 83mm the larger you go the More RPM's you will turn.....BUT if the prop is not matched properly with a enlarged exit nozzle you will loose thrust and in turn loose speed..... My prop is 1 step bigger than what most run with this setup.....but with a 85mm nozzle it gave me more RPM that I lost with the taller prop, and I didn't lose much Thrust and speed. Hope that makes sense

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    In your case if you Reflashed the ECU that would raise the limiter, in turn you could leave the prop, and bore out 2mm on exit nozzle that would raise your RPM's up to get most out of reflash. I don't own a VXR my buddy does and we were talking about his options, as he didn't want to mess with the pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    In your case if you Reflashed the ECU that would raise the limiter, in turn you could leave the prop, and bore out 2mm on exit nozzle that would raise your RPM's up to get most out of reflash. I don't own a VXR my buddy does and we were talking about his options, as he didn't want to mess with the pump.
    I thought stock vxr was 87mm. I haven't reflashed yet. Before I do I want every mph I can get before I do that. Right now I am at 68mph soft limiter I believe. I hit hard limiter on take off and hard cornering / 180's. I think if I reduce it my rpms will drop some and allow for increase in speed right? If I fill all the voids in the transom plate and intake grate area I should be able to get even better results right?

+1
    Or is the steering nozzle 87mm? Also have you had our heard of any good info on a throttle body done by rossnemo?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    I thought stock vxr was 87mm. I haven't reflashed yet. Before I do I want every mph I can get before I do that. Right now I am at 68mph soft limiter I believe. I hit hard limiter on take off and hard cornering / 180's. I think if I reduce it my rpms will drop some and allow for increase in speed right? If I fill all the voids in the transom plate and intake grate area I should be able to get even better results right?

Others will chime in who know more.....but decreasing the nozzle wont gain speed.....I would think it would cause a "overstuff" that's not safe. If you reflash then the limiter will be raised, thus reducing you hitting it.....To gain speed I would think More RPM's, and the only way I see doing that is decreasing the prop or increasing exit diameter

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Or is the steering nozzle 87mm? Also have you had our heard of any good info on a throttle body done by rossnemo?

That mod works on the SHO FZ's don't know about the VXR tho by Ross

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I did search and it is 87mm exit and I believe 92mm steering

+1

That mod works on the SHO FZ's don't know about the VXR tho by Ross
    I talked to him and he said he could do it, but I have not seen anyone with a vxr with it. I would love to see someone's input on it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information