Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Would this be an ok mod setup for a budget????

ok well ive been reading a lot about mods on here and i have learned a lot . and i was thinkin bout the stage 1 kit but i dont exactly have the money for that and my dad is already against me moding it. So finally i came to an agreement with him i em already going to pay for the pay and labor but he wanted me 2 print out the parts and show him to his friend who knows alot bout jetskies to see what he says and this what i'm gettin riva pump wedge, riva top-loader intake grate, and the O.P.A.S. Performance Block-off Kit. Is that a good setup for a small budget? like i'd like to get into racing but right now i just dont have the money to do ne thing and with these mods i thought least id maybe be more stable on rough water. so tell me what u guys think

+1
    Those are very easy bolt on mods that will help ya out a little. I am not too sure what people think about the wedge but all the parts and prices are listed here. www.rivamotorsports.com

Maybe you should start with solas impeller and have ppg bend it for you.

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...as%20Impellers (I don't know which one goes on the rxp)

Riva Grate $129 http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...Intake%20Grate

Riva OPAS Block Off $89 http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...lock-off%20Kit

Riva Pump Wedge $99 http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...20Pump%20Wedge

+1
    ok thanks . how much would it cost for ppg to bend the impeller?

I think the wedge is a waste of money. I tried it and learned the hard way. Ask yourself this.... If you get the best speed and handling from your rxp with the trim around the middle why would you need a wedge for more up trim? It will make it worst.

+1
    If you are on a budget the first thing I'd get is an impeller and maybe the grate. Nitro is right, i haven't heard anyone really talk about the wedge. It did wonders on the non vts gtx-sc but the rxp, i just don't know.

+1
    I talked to Seadoo about the stage 1 kit, they are asking 800 plus whatever labor, but i myself know with the help of some great guys here in Jax, i could instal the mods myself. If you buy these mods seperately, are you gonna save on$$$?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    forget the labor costs buddy.... it's not nearly as difficult as people think to work on these skis... especially with the basic bolt-ons....

where are you located? i'm sure people would be willing to give ya a hand if they live near by for a small fee... (wave a case of beer in their face)

otehrwise, post on here or on otehr message boards and people would be glad to help you get your parts installed and save u quite a few bucks.

as mentioned... the msot noticable difference from mod would be from a SOLAS... u'll notice a small different with OPAS removed, no gains to speak of on top end speed... the intake grate will load up the pump better..... better acceleration in turns, keep it hooked up in chop...

the SOLAS..... squeeze a little top end speed, give u crazy acceleration that will make u smile ear to eart, and great mid-range pull.

Kenshin89, forget the labor those bolt ons are no problem. I'm not sure when we would get up to Lake Anna, but If you don't have the parts installed I will help you put them on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lawracing
    Kenshin89, forget the labor those bolt ons are no problem. I'm not sure when we would get up to Lake Anna, but If you don't have the parts installed I will help you put them on.
    Alright cool . im still learnin with workin on jetskies lol i dont know exactly much but what i have picked up bout parts is from here and Andy and Richard at their shop . I think i will have the parts pretty soon my dad is still thinkin and he was goin go talk 2 to Andy bout it so i think its a pretty good chance i will be gettin it soon plus i already got $130 so that can buy me 1 part atleast lol

+1
    i have a question what is the difference between the riva intake grate and the r&d intake grate besides the riva is $10 more??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information