Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    1999 Genesis Fuel pump

    My fuel pump runs for a few minutes and then stop's working. What controls the pump? Could the pump work intermittently or if bad pump just not work at all?


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,587
    +1
    1,272
    Fuel injected engine?

    Have you monitored the voltage on the Brown wire to the fuel pump when the problem happens?

  3. #3
    Finally had time to check voltage at brown wire. Checked voltage when pump working , over 12 volts . When pump die s still have over 12 volts on brown wire. I figure this mean pump is bad. Any other thought of what I should check ? Where can I find a pump or can the old one be repaired some where near Toronto

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,587
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz man View Post
    Finally had time to check voltage at brown wire. Checked voltage when pump working , over 12 volts . When pump die s still have over 12 volts on brown wire.

    I figure this mean pump is bad. Any other thought of what I should check ? Where can I find a pump or can the old one be repaired some where near Toronto
    Brown wire is grounded when pump is running. No way to have 12 volts on Brown wire and have the Ficht fuel pump running.

    Brown wire will have 12 volts when the fuel pump is not running, as the fuel pump power feed wire is supplied with battery power at all times, via a fuse or circuit breaker.

    The EMM engine computer controls the fuel pump. The EMM grounds the Brown wire to activate the fuel pump, and the Brown wire should stay grounded the entire time the engine is running. If the EMM is going bad then it may not be holding the Brown wire at zero volts (grounded).

  5. #5
    Sorry should of typed it differently. When pump is still working ( cycling) I have 12 volts at brown wire, pushing start button goes to 0 volts . When pump does not cycle ( machine wont start) I have 12 volts at brown wire and 0 volts when pushing start button.

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,587
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz man View Post
    Sorry should of typed it differently.
    When pump is still working ( cycling) I have 12 volts at brown wire, pushing start button goes to 0 volts .
    When pump does not cycle ( machine wont start) I have 12 volts at brown wire and 0 volts when pushing start button.
    I must not be reading this right. Looks like the same measurements in both cases?

  7. #7
    Yes I get the same readings at the brown wire . My question is, can it possible for the pump to work and then quit and then some how reset itself. Has anyone ever seen or had this problem? Am I to quick to say the pump is bad?

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,587
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz man View Post
    Yes I get the same readings at the brown wire . My question is, can it possible for the pump to work and then quit and then some how reset itself. Has anyone ever seen or had this problem? Am I to quick to say the pump is bad?
    I suspect you are correct, the fuel pump itself seems to not always be running, even when power and ground are present.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 polaris genesis fuel pump broken 40 pin
    By tweery in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 08:24 AM
  2. 1999 Genesis, no start, fuel pump does not run when cranking
    By RIDEH2O in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM
  3. 1999 Genesis fuel injected, runs and then stops
    By alan83 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
  4. FS NEW Polaris Virage I / Genesis fuel pump $275
    By waterfreak in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
  5. 1999 Genesis fuel injected no spark
    By GopedGarage in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •