Ocean Pro Plate + Grate SL-750 1993 first impression

Just installed the Ocean Pro O plate and grate (jet dynamics I think), I got off the forum. At first i did not like it it seemed to bounce a-lot more going around 15-20 mph is this common. However after awhile I noticed I lost maybe 3-4 MPH but I was able to keep the hammer down. Even in fairly choppy water it still bounced but it was manageable, before you could never do this even in fairly calm water it would bounce all over. One other thing I noticed the thing planes way faster almost jumps out of the water compared to before is this common.

Banned User
    +1
    Run the stock grate and you should get most of your speed back

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Run the stock grate and you should get most of your speed back

How much of the better choppy water performance and the on plane speed due to grate must be some...

Banned User
    +1
    The grate helps some, but the plate makes a huge difference. try it for yourself and see

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    The grate helps some, but the plate makes a huge difference. try it for yourself and see
    Final; question maybe you will know... the plate stick out almost to end of the jet nozzle. If I turn the trim up all the way it seemed to cause a power problem set in the middle it was fine. Could it be catching the grate with the discharge..

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The intake grate you got was the R&D aquavein for the 750. NOT a Jet Dynamics grate.

The "O" plate is about 4" longer than the stock short plate and about 2" longer than the OEM extended plate.

They do help with acceleration as it keeps the nose down and launches harder than the OEM plate.

If you remember when describing these plates, we did say you might lose a little top end, but you will be able to handle rougher water conditions just as you described. So you in essence gained top speed with the plate, since you said you weren't able to reach top speed before the plate was installed.

You will NEVER eliminate the porpoising of the SL 2 seat hull, You will be able to reduce it with these modifications.

Do you have sponsons on your ski? I find that those helped eliminate a little bit more as well.

I usually find the trim in 2 or 3 notches up is my fastest setting in smooth water.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    The intake grate you got was the R&D aquavein for the 750. NOT a Jet Dynamics grate.

The "O" plate is about 4" longer than the stock short plate and about 2" longer than the OEM extended plate.

They do help with acceleration as it keeps the nose down and launches harder than the OEM plate.

If you remember when describing these plates, we did say you might lose a little top end, but you will be able to handle rougher water conditions just as you described. So you in essence gained top speed with the plate, since you said you weren't able to reach top speed before the plate was installed.

You will NEVER eliminate the porpoising of the SL 2 seat hull, You will be able to reduce it with these modifications.

Do you have sponsons on your ski? I find that those helped eliminate a little bit more as well.

I usually find the trim in 2 or 3 notches up is my fastest setting in smooth water.

I like the combination alot you could never hold the throttle down for a long period of time before it started bouncing all over the place.

Now you can it is much more manageable, the much improved launch would be worth installing with out any other benefits.

The thing was always a slug to get on plane now it hops right up, it is really surprising. it would be a killer combo with more power however it is my wife's ski she never goes much over 35.

Is there an issue setting the trim to high with the long plate.. Thanks again

+1
    Setting the trim to high? No but if you put it all the way up that wont help your acceleration, and you will loose top speed, but its fun to see how far of a Rooster tail you can throw.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    i take it its a short pump setup? never gonna get good rough water performance and mph on an sl hull,just ain't happening.

Thread Information