First Ride with Mod Parts

Was too windy to do a GPS top speed run when we got out here tonight, but I launched the skis and put them on the EZ dock. I gave the modded ski some willy and went out to the middle of the river/lake before bringing it back to the dock... and while I have no GPS data to back it up yet, I KNOW if feels faster and more responsive (at least in the low-mid range) than the stock one that I launched and parked first. Plus, the sound of that Riva 4" rear intake is sweeeeeet. Maybe after dinner I'll go out and collect some GPS data.

Well, the water was still very choppy, but still got the GPS to read 71 with the tank 3/4 full, and the RPMs hitting 8120. Best top speed I managed stock was 68... and that was with a near empty tank, so this is definitely movement in the right direction!

Not only was top end faster, but the mid range feels WAY more responsive. Acceleration to jump off a wave is quicker. And the sound of that intake? So sweet.

I can also feel the difference in handling with the block-offs and the pump wedge -- and I like it a lot. Actually reminded me of how my 1996 GSX used to feel.

Next steps are the Solas 14/19 prop (still waiting for my prop wrench to arrive... maybe I'll see if someone around here has one I can borrow) and plopping an X-charger in.

Hopefully it will be flat in the morning, and I'll take it out and try to get a little more from the GPS.

frisco, tx
    better off with a 15/20 if you plan on modding any in the future

You will be in the mid 70's for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    better off with a 15/20 if you plan on modding any in the future
    That's the plan, but not until I get the x charger and 42# injectors in. Then I'll hand down the 14/19 to the kid boat.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    You will be in the mid 70's for sure..
    From your mouth to Poseidon's ears!

Quick for the mods listed, I have many more but in the Texas heat my numbers are lowwww right now.

Thread Information