Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is extra fuel needed when running an ET low boost

I'm interested in purchasing an ET low boost and wanted to know if an r3 can support it without having to add an RRFPR or powershot..

Also does anyone have any experience running an R&D powershot with the r3 reflash for adjusting the Air/Fuel.

+1
    Every ski is setup a little differently from the factory. Some skis are set from the factory at 51 psi and others are set at 52 psi, some people have never had a reason to need a FPR with there setup (Tommy Jordan for instance), and others are lean. You have to check your AFRs to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Every ski is setup a little differently from the factory. Some skis are set from the factory at 51 psi and others are set at 52 psi, some people have never had a reason to need a FPR with there setup (Tommy Jordan for instance), and others are lean. You have to check your AFRs to know for sure.
    Thanks and what are the ideal AFRs for our skis?

+1
    Thanks and what are the ideal AFRs for our skis?
    Lots of different opinions on that... you can read here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132634

+1
    My opinion I would have a fpr anytime I started adding boost anything over stock, it might not be needed for some of the low boost wheels but u can always tune the setup better and get that extra lil bit with a regulator. Plus it's always good to know what your afrs are. And of course if u run a regulator you really need a afr gauge. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    My opinion I would have a fpr anytime I started adding boost anything over stock, it might not be needed for some of the low boost wheels but u can always tune the setup better and get that extra lil bit with a regulator. Plus it's always good to know what your afrs are. And of course if u run a regulator you really need a afr gauge. Just my 2 cents
    Wouldn't the FPR just add to the full overall powerband? I wouldn't be able to adjust certain RPMs with one correct?

get a regulator and hook up the rising rate youll end up somewhere between 40-45psi with the R3 depending on rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    get a regulator and hook up the rising rate youll end up somewhere between 40-45psi with the R3 depending on rpms.
    Ok, but what is it going to do to my AFRs? Richen or lean it across the board... It still won't let me adjust specific rpms

the ET is a 14lb wheel there is a good chance the R3 will be lean.you need to get an afr gauge and a regulator and adjust accordingly.the way the regulator works is outside of boost the vacuum from the reference line is going to draw the diaphragm in the fuel regulator lowering fuel pressure and making the ski lean while cruising for good fuel economy.when you start to go into boost the pressure in the reference line becomes positive its going to add fuel pressure giving you a safe top end afr.if you dont want to have to monitor afr and get a regulator look into a smaller wheel and run low rpms.

+1
    No u can't adjust different Rpms with a fpr, a powershot would be used then but I have had the crappiest luck with one and never got it to work. But as far as adjusting fuel at certain Rpms u can never go wrong with a standalone ecu. That's by far the best way to do that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information