Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Got to ride FZS today. Compare to my TX 260 Or even MY PX260.

Well guys I rode a 74mph FZS today for about a hour. I wanted to post my input. See I have some friends that have been telling me to try one as they know I love seadoos. BUT I have owned Yamaha. A Exciter 270, LS2000, FX SHO, and my GPRxp.

So first off I am not gonna sugar coat it, but not going to be rude. either. Just my opinion.

FZS.
    What the heck? why put gauges on a ski if you can't use them. The speedo is 10MPH off and the Tach would not be usefull to anyone wanting to mod.
    They rattle like Heck. They make fun of the seadoo and its cheap fit and finish. Well I say the Yamaha has silly fit and finish and rattles like crazy.
    Also What the hecks up with this Storage glovebox compartment? Is it off of a 2000 GPR. I mean they couldnt upgrade the latch. Its a joke. Hard to open.
    Next the seat is wide and if you ride with your legs back it puts stress on your Knee's, Just not comfortable to me unless feet are straight in front of you on the foot wells.
    Now I love to jump off and swim a bunch with the kids. So Were is the grab bar to get back on? Am I supposed to wish my ass back on the ski? There is a very small hand hole that is a pain in the ass as only enough for me to put my finger tips in and hard to use. Just sorry insight to the ridder needing to get back on the ski by yamaha. God forbid your a little heavy and you fall off. Your not gonna get back on.
    Front storage compartment is small. Fro such a big ski this is all hte storage they could find?

Now to the Ride.
    I loved the standing ride it is awesome and the adjustable steering is put togethere real well for the standing ridder.
    The VTS is just silly Manual does work and it is full proff and real reliable, but just old school silly. Just dont like it. Dont really care how the yamaha boys defend it. Its just old school. But fool proff. But to nose down the ski at speed a little difficult.

It corners and handles very good in corners. good ski all around for riding, but just mediokier to me. The ride is nice, but Ive been on a more fun ride with both my PX and TX 260's. Both more fun and a whole hell of alot easy to manueaver with all the bells and whistles. I mean if you are a newbie the seadoo's are easy to dock, reverse and ride. The IBR stuff is incredible. The Yamahas Reverse on the right side is stupid. What the hell were they thinking. I almost bumped a couple things. as its just not user friendly to pull the reverse and use the throttle. PERIOD!
    Now the wholeshot is a joke, but ofcoarse they fixed that, this year so not much to mention as it will be gone once upgraded to 1600mm stuff.

NOW the engine and power. Well this is were the ski gains its muscle car type of review from me. It is like a old school racecar compared to the Seadoos cadillac feel and fit. I mean after being on seadoo's for so long. I have had them with big SCer's and you can just tell the 1800cc in the yamaha is incredible. The motor to me for sure will push it fast as hell. I mean I think it is incredible. I could only imagine if I did a conversion to a TX 260 with a 1800cc SHO engine it. It would do 90+ easy. Ofcoarse with pump relief. The motor gives me a huge plus. I am jealious and wish seadoo would pull there head out of there Hiney.

So I may come up with more, but my basic review is if you want to build a 85+MPH boat easy and drive in a straight line the FZS=R is king. that motor is bad ass.
    But if you are looking for a fast ski and very fun all around ride get the TX260 and if you want the badist carveing machine get the P-X 260. Heck both the P and TX have more fun of a ride.

All of them have there perks, but the motor goes to Yamaha for sure. OH yea>>> They upgraded to Forged pistons this year.

Seadoo I want my 2.0 TX please. Get off your ass's/

I beieive Im gonna buy a FZS to mod with High boost wheel to try further. We will see. Yamaha boys I give praise to the Motor, but you guys have to give praise to the ride and technology on the doo's!

NOW lets here it,
    Last edited by Water4fire; 08-20-2013 at 09:07 PM.

+1
    Interesting comparison.....let's hope SeaDoo comes up with something to rival Yamaha.

Cya

+1
    Thanks for taking the time to post Your impressions. Nice review!

+1
    The FZS and fzr skis tend to drift or slide when pushed hard in turns.
    Yeah the motor is great but your right the features of the doos are light years ahead of yamaha.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    The FZS and fzr skis tend to drift or slide when pushed hard in turns.
    Yeah the motor is great but your right the features of the doos are light years ahead of yamaha.
    Yea, I will add this ski had Riva Sponsons on it and it slid out on a very hard right sided turn twice. I got rid of it by moveing my body wieght outward on my left leg in a right side turn. It did not do it to the left as it would not turn as hard that way.

+1
    Nice write up....what do you think of the reserve lever on the right side?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Nice write up....what do you think of the reserve lever on the right side?
    Stupid and hard to use as there are times you need to throttle the ski and use reverse quickly forward then reverse. back and forth with throttle and you just can not do it Yamaha's way of thinking with the lever on the throttle side.. Just a dumb ass design and really more dangerous to anyone useing it.

+1
    Austin stopped by my lake house today and asked me to sit on the boat and give him my thoughts. Well--first of all I noticed when he arrived and started backing up that you have to turn the steering oppisite the way you want to go.
    He parked it on my lift and I sat down to see what it is all about. The hood rattles--the gauges are old school analog--the seat is too wide for me--I am not confortable with the placement and size of the rear view mirrors. The reverse handle to me is on the wrong side--can't throttle and reverse/forward easily--then it take Hurcules to operate the reverse handle. I can't understand the lack of a grab handle--the finger slot is not for me. If one wants to mod the boat you would need to purchase at least a tachometer. The glove box latch is hard to operate and not much forward storage for such a large boat. I watched Austin turn and it looks like it turns sharper than my RXT and Austin comfirmed this. I like that. The motor is better for moding (not as much needed to run 85 MPH plus as what you need to do to a SeaDoo.) I like that. In my opinion---for me--the negatives out weigh the positives. I went onto this with an open mind even though I have only owned Sea Doos since 1991. Again--the 1800 is one hell of a motor. Maybe Sea Doo will come up with a four cylinder of comperable size soon. Until then I will keep riding my 2007 80 MPH RXT and try and stay away from heavley moded Yamahas.

+1
    I have FZS beside my RXPX..
    The Yamaha does not have a stable and smooth ride as seadoo does, you have more control and better turning on the Seadoo.
    The FZS is very rough handling and the ride is too tall, also be careful with bucking issues which can be solve with an addition of R&D intake grate.
    The 2012 RXP/TX is better on a chop water than the FZ does.

+1
    The ski I had was running a R&D grate. Im was gonna pull the trigger on a NEW TX 260 with the transom mounted pump. But wanted to ride a Yamaha to just keep an open mind. But NOW I miss my P-X (Your welcome Evan) OH well I guess Im gonna wait to see what seadoo does and then if they stay the same Im gonna Motec a TX 260.
    I do have a offer for a FZR on the table wright now, but just installed new A/C in my home. So will see what happens.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information