+1

for an inch cold air intake on a 2006 seadoo speedster 200

is putting 4 inch cold air intake worth the trouble on a speedster 200 has anyone done any testing and have any pictures
    Last edited by Jstcdoit; 08-20-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spacing

+1
    I have done it. I don't know that there were any gins from it or not since I did I/C's, X-chargers and ECU's at the same time...Over all it made a big difference to the boat...

I had a build thread on here a few years ago when I built it, there are pics there is you can find it or the 4" air

im doing the same thing to my boat but will retain the stock system with elbows for [email protected] filters and small fans on recs for cooling

+1
    Someone posted a great youtube video about cold air intakes. The video showed to guys kind of like mythbusters run scientific test on CAI'S to see if and how much it improved performance on a engine. Very well done. In my opinion it doesn't gain anything and the video confirms it. The test is being done on cars but regardless, I've never been a fan of installing CAI's. In the 80's I built a blown Pontiac 455. A roots blower
    and it had a scoop that caught cold air and went directly in the blower. I ran it with and without. No difference. Had a mazdaspeed3 with CAI. ran with and with out it. No difference.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trans am.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	319731

+1
    some say its different between a car and a boat and i agree. a car has a lot less drag than a boat. the way i see it if you want to make a difference in the performance of your boat, you're going to need to make a change that provides more noticeable hp than simply adding a CAI which in a car has been proven to do NOTHING for performance. i learned this early on when i started reading about the seadoo 4tec engines. it takes a lot to make these engines gain 30-40 hp because of the drag. a car you just slap some headers and a holley and 30 hp. sometimes just a cam change will gain you that. i'll see if i can find that youtube link that shows the the CAI comparison. FOUND THE LINK! check it out. it is very well done.

Last edited by actis; 12-11-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: research a link

Thread Information