Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Wet Suit Or Dry Suit

Anyone know what's best suited for fall riding? I'll be riding in air temps around 10 degrees Celsius. Where can I get a good deal on a wet suit or dry suit? I'm 17 so I am growing. My season got bagged so I might head the odd day after school to the lake.

+1
    It sounds like you might be out by yourself riding at times. It probably depends how thick the wetsuit is, but sounds like you'll be in some cold water. You might want to consider a dry suit. I'd take whatever you'd be able to spend 30-45 minutes in the water and not die (obviously worst case scenario). If you're with other people and just want to be comfortable on the ski, I'm sure a wetsuit would be plenty good.

+1
    I will be riding by myself, but I have help at hand if I need it (I have a tow boat at my talk with someone who can take it to come get me. Where could I get a good deal on a wet suit?

+1
    I have this one and had it a couple years and it's been great. I don't know what size you are so you may have to do some more looking around by I would recommend the Slippery Break John suit. It has a removable jacket which is really nice for me because even in the Winter here in Phoenix there's some days when it's too warm for the full blown thing and for the price I don't think the quality and functionality can be beat.

Also...don't forget your feet will be in the water in your footwells while you're riding...your legs and body wont. so you'll also need to get a pair of neoprene socks...3mm would be my suggestion. Warm feet = happiness. lol.

Link

+1
    Thanks Q. For Reference in size I'm 5'5" and 140lbs. So I can't really grab anything too big.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Thanks Q. For Reference in size I'm 5'5" and 140lbs. So I can't really grab anything too big.
    I added a little bit more to my previous post. Check it out. 5'5" and 140...yeah according to the Slippery size chart you would need a small. Just look around...you'll find it.

+1
    It looks like this place has it in a small...

Link

+1
    I will be riding by myself, but I have help at hand if I need it (I have a tow boat at my talk with someone who can take it to come get me. Where could I get a good deal on a wet suit?
    Someone to come get you is noce if they are watching you all or most of the time. Would not depend on someone that is not out there with me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    It looks like this place has it in a small...

Link
    Might pull the trigger. Just wondering if 2mm is a little thin for the weather I would be in. What water temperatures would these be good for?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Someone to come get you is noce if they are watching you all or most of the time. Would not depend on someone that is not out there with me.
    Generally I'll be watched unless I go out of sight. I have a radio where I can contact the person watching me to come get me if I run into any trouble. My main concern is obviously having my ski sink.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information