Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SS wear ring?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Holter lake, montana
    Posts
    127

    SS wear ring?

    I thougt that i have read that to run a stainless steel wear ring you need the triple bearing mod or the rr front engine mount. But it does not say that it requires either of those in the online store. So can you run it withouth either of these?


  2. #2
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I thougt that i have read that to run a stainless steel wear ring you need the triple bearing mod or the rr front engine mount. But it does not say that it requires either of those in the online store. So can you run it withouth either of these?
    You dont need the either of those other mods to run a ss wear ring. You can run the ss wear ring by itself.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Holter lake, montana
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    You dont need the either of those other mods to run a ss wear ring. You can run the ss wear ring by itself.

    Thanks... I thought that there used to be a problem with the prop and ring rubbing, but i am glad you dont have too. Kinda sucks when a $200 mod turns into a $400 mod.

  4. #4
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,759
    +1
    29
    If you don`t want to 200 to 400 mod then I would advise the solid mount. I know that even my delrin rings last longer now since getting the mount.

  5. #5
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    The front mount is a good idea as Hoss says. IF you are keeping your ski long term, it will pay for itself in wear ring savings. I went through 3 of them last year in 33 hours of use. Stage 1 ski

  6. #6
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    The front mount is a good idea as Hoss says. IF you are keeping your ski long term, it will pay for itself in wear ring savings. I went through 3 of them last year in 33 hours of use. Stage 1 ski
    This is actually a good way to look at it i never thought of it like that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question about SS wear ring and bearing mods...
    By LiquidDI in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
  2. anyone who is running a SS wear ring
    By seadoo02xp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:35 AM
  3. Impros double bearing mod - Xtreme Jetsports SS wear ring
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
  4. Skat Trak dual bearing/ss wear ring 20 hour inspection
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 11:25 AM
  5. Skat Trak SS wear ring/double bearing pump mod loss of rpms
    By Enufpwr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •